Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to buy ///M O2 Sensor B1 S1

"M" Specific discussion
srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Looks like I might need an O2 sensor on the ///M.

Where is the best place to get one from?

ECP only show, but it loos as if there are 3 different types fitted. 1 type pre 2 and two types post (different cable lengths)

One I think I need is BMW part 11787540167

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=18_0661

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 pm

I got mine from here originally, no issues, same sensor just slightly longer cable by 50mm making it 1000mm, longer than shorter is obviously fine.

http://www.finjector.com/verkkokauppa/e ... 0258017025

Damn sight cheaper than from BMW and good quick service, also genuine Bosch confirmed. BMW is around £200 a sensor I believe!

Alternatively, try googling Bosch and this sensor number 0258017092. Also the same part but the 950mm cable length. Bugger to get hold of though when I was looking for some reason. I would just make sure it's genuine Bosch and not a copy/fake and you should have no issues.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks Andy, got one from here in the end http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/

I also found these two below (actually the same company, telephone number is the same). I have no idea what they are like, but they are based in Germany, not the UK as you would expect looking at the site. Reviews hit and miss regarding delivery, and once delivery added within a pound or two of where I ordered. So I would be cautious of using these if in a hurry.

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/
https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:54 pm

srhutch wrote:Thanks Andy, got one from here in the end http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/

I also found these two below (actually the same company, telephone number is the same). I have no idea what they are like, but they are based in Germany, not the UK as you would expect looking at the site. Reviews hit and miss regarding delivery, and once delivery added within a pound or two of where I ordered. So I would be cautious of using these if in a hurry.

Ah, I ordered from them originally and when I questioned if they were genuine and new Bosch parts they wouldn't give me a straight answer, so I cancelled, I think another guy also had the same issue so sent them back. Just so you know
Last edited by AndyBeech on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Not that I have an M, but I just went on the Bosch catalogue and put in the BMW part number to get the Bosch part then got one (I think from Amazon). Was abut £80 vs. £160 ish from BMW and no issues since.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:Not that I have an M, but I just went on the Bosch catalogue and put in the BMW part number to get the Bosch part then got one (I think from Amazon). Was abut £80 vs. £160 ish from BMW and no issues since.
Bosch part number for the M is 0258017092 as mentioned above. Difficult to find and £122 on Amazon which is still quite dear considering.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:21 pm

AndyBeech wrote:
srhutch wrote:Thanks Andy, got one from here in the end http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/

Ah, I ordered from them originally and when I questioned if they were genuine and new Bosch parts they wouldn't give me an answer, very cagey and a tad rude, so I cancelled, I think another guy also had the same issue so sent them back. Just so you know
Where was that Andy, where I have ordered from?

Are yours marked up Bosch?

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:44 pm

srhutch wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:

Ah, I ordered from them originally and when I questioned if they were genuine and new Bosch parts they wouldn't give me an answer, very cagey and a tad rude, so I cancelled, I think another guy also had the same issue so sent them back. Just so you know

The Lambda Power chaps, I would post up the email I got from them at the time but can't access it on my phone. There is an old thread of mine on here regarding this, covers Lambda Power I think. I'm sure it went along the lines of me asking if they are genuine/new Bosch parts and them kinda dodging the question, along the lines of it won't be new as you would get from Bosch themselves. Damn can't remember the details exactly, have a search for that thread from my profile, wasn't that long ago, last year I think. Swear a guy that ordered from them said the parts looked like they were 'used'....

The two sensors I get from finjection were genuine new Bosch, and the guy was very nice to deal with and knowledgable. Original boxes/stickers/protective caps in place etc.
Last edited by AndyBeech on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:45 pm

AndyBeech wrote:
Scooba_Steve wrote:Not that I have an M, but I just went on the Bosch catalogue and put in the BMW part number to get the Bosch part then got one (I think from Amazon). Was abut £80 vs. £160 ish from BMW and no issues since.
Bosch part number for the M is 0258017092 as mentioned above. Difficult to find and £122 on Amazon which is still quite dear considering.
Last I heard BMW ones were £250...? Half price is about what I expected the difference to be between OE and OEM.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:
Last I heard BMW ones were £250...? Half price is about what I expected the difference to be between OE and OEM.
Yeah it's not bad, you need to replace in pairs though really, so £245 for both. I paid around £110 for both, though slightly longer cable and different part number corresponding to the cable length not the sensor. No fault codes, or issues and checked in INPA live data and all reading correct to my knowledge.
Guidok was quite useful IIRC, knows his stuff when it comes to this, gave good advice at the time.

I should add that I buy mostly straight from BMW parts wise and take the hit but like you say, nearly £500 for two sensors takes the biscuit, even for M tax. Add fitting (labour cost) on top of that which is a bit of a pig!
Last edited by AndyBeech on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Then share with all :lol:

Excess cable is what cable ties were made for... I think!

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:53 pm

AndyBeech wrote:
srhutch wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:

The Lambda Power chaps, I would post up the email I got from them at the time but can't access it on my phone. There is an old thread of mine on here regarding this, covers Lambda Power I think. I'm sure it went along the lines of me asking if they are genuine/new Bosch parts and them kinda dodging the question, along the lines of it won't be new as you would get from Bosch themselves. Damn can't remember the details exactly, have a search for that thread from my profile, wasn't that long ago, last year I think. Swear a guy that ordered from them said the parts looked like they were 'used'....

The two sensors I get from finjection were genuine new Bosch, and the guy was very nice to deal with and knowledgable. Original boxes/stickers/protective caps in place etc.
Think I'll cancel that order then.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:Then share with all :lol:

Excess cable is what cable ties were made for... I think!
I did! Right at the start! Yup only 50mm different cable length, not even noticeable, no cable tie required!

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:56 pm

AndyBeech wrote:
srhutch wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:

Hi Andy again, still appreciate your help with this back then :thumbsup:
I did indeed order the ones from lambda power, and when they turned up I sent them back. I suspect they would have been absolutely fine, however the bosch stamp (I assume it was that) had been etched off. As you pointed out they were quite evasive as to where they got the parts from, assured it was genuine blah blah, but I wasn't filled with confidence. As you had sourced the correct(ish!) bosch part from finjector I knocked them back. Eventually got my money back.
The ones we ordered were the correct sensor but with a 5cm longer cable, 1000mm vs 950mm from recollection. They've been good as gold for 2 years or so.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 pm

TomK wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:
srhutch wrote:

Hi Andy again, still appreciate your help with this back then :thumbsup:
I did indeed order the ones from lambda power, and when they turned up I sent them back. I suspect they would have been absolutely fine, however the bosch stamp (I assume it was that) had been etched off. As you pointed out they were quite evasive as to where they got the parts from, assured it was genuine blah blah, but I wasn't filled with confidence. As you had sourced the correct(ish!) bosch part from finjector I knocked them back. Eventually got my money back.
The ones we ordered were the correct sensor but with a 5cm longer cable, 1000mm vs 950mm from recollection. They've been good as gold for 2 years or so.
Ah had a feeling it was you Tom! Glad they're still treating you well too, extra money for beer tokens rather than BM's coffers for a change! Or track days in your case, still gotta pop back to Castle Combe and have a gander at you and Fishy Dave having a hoon, sounds excellent fun!

Anyway original thread, hope it helps as well:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81469

And yes Hutch I would cancel personally but up to you of course