Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front wheel spacers question

"M" Specific discussion
D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Ok folks
Running oem Csls so 8.5j on front
Wearing 235 35 19s mss square tyre
Question
Fitting 6 pot brembo and they catch inside of wheel !
So guessing looking at 10mm wheel spacers
Heard h&r do them are these ok to fit and won't catch arches?
Plus who to go for longer bolts
Ta in advance :)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:04 pm

You really need to see where they catch on the alloy to know if spacers will cure it & if you do buy spacers buy them as a set so correct bolts come with them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-10mm-Hubc ... SwOyJX9SXQ
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 pm

They catch just on th front lip of the blooming calipers buddy
And can see slight mark on back of wheel
So shall need min 5mm spacers
So thank you kindly buddy:)

As everything was set up for an e46m3 but we have Csl suspension

TomK

Post by TomK » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Strange, I had the BMWperformace 6pots ( same caliper as your 135I ones? Different pistons though). Loads of people have fitted those with Csls. I did need a spacer with mine as at the time I was running the 8" CS rim at the front.
Phill0 who I sold them to had them fitted under his Csls with no issue I think, maybe he'll pipe up.
Where did you get the brackets from?

We do not have Csl suspension pal, far from it.

Also, imo you're far better off with a 12 mm not a 10 mm which are inherently prone to cracking.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Evening Tom

Ah I thought had csl suspension?
As the e46m3 bracket they sell is 25.5mm

So 135i has 18mm bracket , 7.5mm spacer to match didn't work
On short alot of wheel on off calipers on off fannying about
And sorted as had new alloy spacers made up rather than buying a new bracket at silly money

But the wheel put on and it catches the back of the wheel only just but enough to stop it, im not happy about that so going to spacer the fronts
You at 12mm better then? As only would i fit the h&r ones

Seen others on cutters have issues with oem Csl wheels too on e46m3
Will 12mm fit on my lowered h&r springs
Running 235 35 19 mss?

Plus would i need to possibly do rears to keep track on car
Questions bloody questions hahah
Brackets lines spacers pad issues all the way but will be sexy once sorted and rears are now sorted :)
Ta btw

TomK

Post by TomK » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:28 am

Can't really help you with the fronts much further I'm afraid. The brackets I had were from dino on the cutters forum. Much to the surprise of my shop they fitted pretty much spot on to my fronts. Just to clear the front suspension issue up, ours is most similar to the e36 rather than e46 design (a lot stronger apparently:)), and for instance the AP set up I run now is bespoke to the Z4M, you need to adjust an E46 kit. An AP e46 m3 kit would fit a boggo m3 or a csl, there is no difference between the 2 (other than springs and dampers).
Amazed you got the boxster rears to work off the bat, they were a world of pain for me to sort :oops:
Good setup though once it works, good luck.

ETA: 10mm H&R spacers are apparently ok, but it's the eibach ones that crack according to the internet. Either way a 10mm isn't ideal for our hub spigots.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:43 am

TomK wrote:Can't really help you with the fronts much further I'm afraid. The brackets I had were from dino on the cutters forum. Much to the surprise of my shop they fitted pretty much spot on to my fronts. Just to clear the front suspension issue up, ours is most similar to the e36 rather than e46 design (a lot stronger apparently:)), and for instance the AP set up I run now is bespoke to the Z4M, you need to adjust an E46 kit. An AP e46 m3 kit would fit a boggo m3 or a csl, there is no difference between the 2 (other than springs and dampers).
Amazed you got the boxster rears to work off the bat, they were a world of pain for me to sort :oops:

Fronts all sorted with machined alloy spacers:)
Talked to 2 car engineer mates and both said no reason to make a bracket for small size of spacer I needed

Rears are a doddle and bigger pads in them too;)

Issue now is spacers
Looked at dino thread and saying 5mm spacer to clear csl
So not sure to go 5 10 or 12mm now haha

Thoughts?
As will need longer h&r bolts and new lockers
N nice to know ref suspension

Babw

Post by Babw » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:08 pm

I'm running hubcentric 12mm front spacers on OEM 224 wheels to clear my Brembos with no issues. If anything the increase in front track has provided a little more positive weight to the steering.

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:30 am

Think going for5mm as clears calipers and I'll do rears also

Otherwise it's too fat looking haha

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:42 pm

TomK wrote:Can't really help you with the fronts much further I'm afraid. The brackets I had were from dino on the cutters forum. Much to the surprise of my shop they fitted pretty much spot on to my fronts. Just to clear the front suspension issue up, ours is most similar to the e36 rather than e46 design (a lot stronger apparently:)), and for instance the AP set up I run now is bespoke to the Z4M, you need to adjust an E46 kit. An AP e46 m3 kit would fit a boggo m3 or a csl, there is no difference between the 2 (other than springs and dampers).

ETA: 10mm H&R spacers are apparently ok, but it's the eibach ones that crack according to the internet. Either way a 10mm isn't ideal for our hub spigots.
As know your stuff buddy
Got 5mm h&r
Now I'm getting ALOT of conflicting opinions
Do I or so I not need longer bolts?
As don't want to risk my car!
A couple of sports car companies said no as long as get 6/7 good turns into wheel others say 10??

macsbm

Post by macsbm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi guys don't mean to gate crash your post but just put eibachs suspension all round on oem springs and struts have standard 17 inch wheels was wandering what spacers should I go for to get a nice look .

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:18 pm

macsbm wrote:Hi guys don't mean to gate crash your post but just put eibachs suspension all round on oem springs and struts have standard 17 inch wheels was wandering what spacers should I go for to get a nice look .
Get out !!;)

What car and wheels and tyres bud so people can help

macsbm

Post by macsbm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Image ttyres 225×45 17

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:56 pm

I personally would lower it first

macsbm

Post by macsbm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:16 pm

It is this old picture just showing you the wheels on it as op got eibachs all round will take new photo tomoz