Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MC Drive Video

"M" Specific discussion
Angelus666

Z4MC Drive Video

Post by Angelus666 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 am

This will only help the value perception of the z4MC.....great video!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvi6C5zA_3o

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Z4MC Drive Video

Post by buzyg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:16 am

Not much Driving. :?

Angelus666

Z4MC Drive Video

Post by Angelus666 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am

The fact that these guys really like the car speaks volumes....and they even prefer their modded one to their GT4 :driving:

pHilli0

Z4MC Drive Video

Post by pHilli0 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am

I saw the video on my youtube subs page and watched it with interest. They usually have a pretty rounded view of cars and I think they were pretty much spot on with this video of a modded Z4 MC. I would love to have a chance to compare it to a Cayman GT4 but made me smile when they said they prefer the M. Good panel and good honest review.
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||
http://www.phillynchracing.com/index.php/blog/

Argenta

Z4MC Drive Video

Post by Argenta » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 am

Very good.
Made me chuckle when they discussed the market worth "around 20000$, but after this video 50000$"
...which is as ridiculous as true, in a sense.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MC Drive Video

Post by original guvnor » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 am

Good video, thanks for posting. Anyone who has owned one for any length of time can tell immediately when a reviewer really "gets" the car. It's supposed to be a bit of a hooligan. A point that seems lost on many. It supposed to be raw, it is supposed to be a challenge. It was never intended to be a plug-and-play type car like the Cayman.

What makes me laugh is that when the 1M came out, if you recall, it was the longest reveal in history. BMW put the hype machine into overdrive and because of that, and the fact that it was a cheap 4-seater M car (when the previous entry level into M cars was the E92 M3), the journos went ape for it. Yet it has many of the 'traits' they criticised endlessly in the Z4M when it came out (harsh damping leading to excessive traction control intervention on rough road surfaces being the main one). It has also never depreciated at all and is now fetching way over list for a low mile example. Funny old world because the 4M's are much more "special" than a 1M in my opinion.