Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fitting Cruise to the M - links?

"M" Specific discussion
srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun May 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Bill10

Post by Bill10 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 am

Sorry all but can't help thinking why? Z4Ms are to be driven not slept in.
07 E86 Z4MC, 04 E46 330Ci

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue May 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Bill10 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 am Sorry all but can't help thinking why? Z4Ms are to be driven not slept in.
Average speed cameras and also very quiet French motorways for two reasons.

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Bill10 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 am Sorry all but can't help thinking why? Z4Ms are to be driven not slept in.
'Sorry' Bill10 'but I can't help thinking' you must use your M differently to me (track days?) or you live on the edge of driving nirvana . . .

To enjoy the best roads in the UK and Europe, sometimes you first have to get there. :roll:

Long transits on restricted dual carriageway or motorway are sometimes necessary for ease of travel, time and cost. . . also - you must have the same small scale numbers on your inner kph speedo on your M? Travelling along boring restricted stretches will be a lot easier if I can set my speed and then enjoy the views/ concentrate on the road instead of having to constantly check my speed. . .

In the UK, increasing fines and doubled penalties mean that cruise is nearly essential on restricted motorway sections. I do live in Newcastle and traffic is less dense though so it's easier for me to utilise cruise.

Err - lest you have another 'think' . . . I do 'drive' my M as well . . . :P :lol:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Tue May 30, 2017 2:41 pm

paulgs1000 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:22 pm
'Sorry' Bill10 'but I can't help thinking' you must use your M differently to me (track days?) or you live on the edge of driving nirvana . . .

To enjoy the best roads in the UK and Europe, sometimes you first have to get there. :roll:

Long transits on restricted dual carriageway or motorway are sometimes necessary for ease of travel, time and cost. . . also - you must have the same small scale numbers on your inner kph speedo on your M? Travelling along boring restricted stretches will be a lot easier if I can set my speed and then enjoy the views/ concentrate on the road instead of having to constantly check my speed. . .

In the UK, increasing fines and doubled penalties mean that cruise is nearly essential on restricted motorway sections. I do live in Newcastle and traffic is less dense though so it's easier for me to utilise cruise.

Err - lest you have another 'think' . . . I do 'drive' my M as well . . . :P :lol:
Completely agree Paul wish having a retrofit option was a well known as it is now. I would have had it done in a heart beat!

Bet the Z is much more pleasurable! Cant wait to see it! :thumbsup: