Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M roady brought home.

"M" Specific discussion
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

M roady brought home.

Post by RickRob » Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Very nice albeit I have a slight bias towards black ///M Roadsters. And only 33k miles - just imagine what it will like when run in!

Good on you. :thumbsup:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M roady brought home.

Post by tomscott » Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 pm
tomscott wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:17 pm Very nice John :thumbsup:

Is it cheeky to ask how much it was?
Cheers Tom. :thumbsup:

Yes, yes it is cheeky.... :lol:

Tell you what you have a guess and I may spill ok?

33k, running in service @ just under 1,200 miles. Service book all stamped up as correct.

Discs and pads ok, rears are getting a bit raggedy. Tyre depth all ok. Wheels reasonable, but then I'm too picky.

Body is without dings, scratches, and super clean, as is the interior. However as I'm a tart I'll get the front bumper painted to make perfect, usual chips etc, the bonnet is ok though, couple of small flecks is all.

Spec is superb:

Nav, cruise, air bag delete, 10 speaker DSP, cup holders, lekky folding wing mirrors, then the usual gubbins.

Yes I bought from an independent car dealer which goes against the grain as I would have preferred a private sale but the price was right, imo anyway, and it was the spec and colour I wanted, half red seats would have been nice but I'm very happy as is. 12 months breakdown and warranty.

I have to say I'm smitten with it, it's much smoother, for an M anyway, than the last one for some weird reason, and I'm loving it.

Want to chuck a guess in?
Sounds perfect! Well I would say late teens early 20s? I think ive pretty much decided this is the direction for me too. Would like very similar but red leather on silver grey or carbon black, interlagos with champagne or Imola on black :thumbsup:

Would like a contrast this time as I loved mine but in the coupe the black interior was a bit too black sure its a different feeling with the roof down!

Was hoping for under 45k for under 17.5k. Being optimistic I think but recent house purchase has reduced the budget a bit! But got plenty of time to wait. This weather has got me wanting to fast forward a little tho! Saw the thread and very envious its lovely :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

M roady brought home.

Post by pvr » Fri May 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Just saw this - and must say that looks nice indeed. :thumbsup:

I can't even say anything nasty about it, so give me some time to stew on that :evil:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

M roady brought home.

Post by paulgs1000 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 pm

33K - getting rarer (and expensive) those low mileage ones - great find :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

M roady brought home.

Post by john-e89 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:06 pm

tomscott wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm
john-e89 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 pm
tomscott wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:17 pm Very nice John :thumbsup:

Is it cheeky to ask how much it was?
Cheers Tom. :thumbsup:

Yes, yes it is cheeky.... :lol:

Tell you what you have a guess and I may spill ok?

33k, running in service @ just under 1,200 miles. Service book all stamped up as correct.

Discs and pads ok, rears are getting a bit raggedy. Tyre depth all ok. Wheels reasonable, but then I'm too picky.

Body is without dings, scratches, and super clean, as is the interior. However as I'm a tart I'll get the front bumper painted to make perfect, usual chips etc, the bonnet is ok though, couple of small flecks is all.

Spec is superb:

Nav, cruise, air bag delete, 10 speaker DSP, cup holders, lekky folding wing mirrors, then the usual gubbins.

Yes I bought from an independent car dealer which goes against the grain as I would have preferred a private sale but the price was right, imo anyway, and it was the spec and colour I wanted, half red seats would have been nice but I'm very happy as is. 12 months breakdown and warranty.

I have to say I'm smitten with it, it's much smoother, for an M anyway, than the last one for some weird reason, and I'm loving it.

Want to chuck a guess in?
Sounds perfect! Well I would say late teens early 20s? I think ive pretty much decided this is the direction for me too. Would like very similar but red leather on silver grey or carbon black, interlagos with champagne or Imola on black :thumbsup:

Would like a contrast this time as I loved mine but in the coupe the black interior was a bit too black sure its a different feeling with the roof down!

Was hoping for under 45k for under 17.5k. Being optimistic I think but recent house purchase has reduced the budget a bit! But got plenty of time to wait. This weather has got me wanting to fast forward a little tho! Saw the thread and very envious its lovely :thumbsup:
Good estimate Tom, I'm not precious so I don't mind saying, I paid £18k dead, which I thought was a very fair price, as Paulgs has said these mileage ones are getting fairly rare. Sense says protect the mileage but life really is too short and it's just too good to lock away, so I'm using it as much as possible, thoroughly enjoying it.

I wish you well in your quest, hopefully the right example worthy of those CSL's will pop along and you can enjoy M ownership again. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M roady brought home.

Post by tomscott » Sat May 27, 2017 9:47 am

That is an excellent price John! Nice one! Very jealous!

Ye no rush going to find the right one :)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

M roady brought home.

Post by firebobby » Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 am

Very nice John, how many cars is that now ?
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981