Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cruise control and M Wheel buttons

"M" Specific discussion
D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 23, 2017 12:15 am

:flyboyaj: :flyboyaj: :bow:

This goes to Dietcoke man and Pastry
As they gave up some hours on Sunday to help fit the illusive cruise control to my M.

So meet arranged (pastry excited)
As both live within 10 miles of each other to meet at Bryans aka dietcoke.
Stunning red M with 2.5mint roadster alongside
When 5 mins later a revvy loud Paul aka pastry shades on roof down comes whipping along
[IMG]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a49 ... zaopq2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a49 ... yih79t.jpg[/IMG]
So, 3 Ms all clean and shiny and each on 30k haha
So after intros and all being great guys and very friendly and the shocking news to Fred that pastry is a stubby member we cracked on

Cowling was my task to cut out area to allow stalk fitment
Whilst the others soldered wired and v quickly prepared car for cruise

Happy as a fat kid in a sweet shop :D
Then they ganged up on me:(
As they pointed out the new T pieces on wheels but the marks on my control buttons

Then gleefully showed me their shiny new ones
Then passed me a box in the garage and there were 2 very sexy pods !!

So yes well I asked what's the score
Bryan had taken then out of pastrys and refurbed them!!
So needless to say a sum of money was thrown v happily at Bryan and mine were swapped out for these sexy gloss finished pods:)
They are available in diff colours and Matt finished

So he's going to refurb my buttons and a member can simply pay the good man some money Tbc amount and upon exchange basis
I mean look at them!!!
So today I went back to Bryans and he very very kindly took out my Binnicles and cleaned out my dust issue !
An issue with roof down driving I guess and now not a speck to be seen

I cannot thank the guys enough for their time and help
Both very friendly helpful and Bryans knowledge admired
A boys meet and drive out due to come as all live so close:)

Conclusion
I went off to London to the Ace and the cruise control is superb!
Set speed at over 30 by pushinh stalk away
Push away to increase
Toward to decrease
Inward to set speed and again to resume
Down to cancel or tap brakes

Helped me no end in ave Greed cameras:)
Love it and Dietcoke man is the man to approach for this and your buttons!!
Long winded I agree but one happy camper!!!

[IMG]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a49 ... attyaz.jpg[/IMG]
My ///M in London that night
Last edited by D4dawg on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dgm

Post by dgm » Tue May 23, 2017 12:39 am

Great work, you've got the car looking stunning. I desperately need your control buttons once they're refurbed, mine are looking really worn after 11 years. If there's going to be a list made up Dietcokeman then put me on it please.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 23, 2017 12:47 am

dgm wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:39 am Great work, you've got the car looking stunning. I desperately need your control buttons once they're refurbed, mine are looking really worn after 11 years. If there's going to be a list made up Dietcokeman then put me on it please.
Many thanks buddy
Damn cars are addictive hahah and so many subtle things can do to them to tastefully make better
Mine are in perfect working order and 30k on clock use
Think were ring marks not mine

But id pm diet and put yourself down for mine
Gloss Matt or even silver
I went for gloss as makes them stand out more
Plus can do your tri star wheel covers

dgm

Post by dgm » Tue May 23, 2017 1:05 am

I've PM'd him, thanks. I've already replaced the other steering wheel covers but the price of new buttons is eye watering as you know.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 23, 2017 6:45 am

Haha hence I left my ones buddy

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Tue May 23, 2017 7:38 am

Cheers Marc , always good to meet and helps other .

Ref button refurbs ......
you had satin black, or semi Matt as some call it, it's just very slightly shinier than the original plastic dip matt finish that is original. The reason I offer satin is that many owners complain that with a Matt paint finish and greasy fingers the Matt finish has to be wiped off constantly as it looks like it's covered in shiny marks . With Satin finish, it's very close to the rest of the spoke set, but doesn't suffer from the greasy mark issue, as the finish is slightly shiny already . But I'm happy to do whatever people want on an exchange basis.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue May 23, 2017 8:22 am

Dietcokeman wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:38 am Cheers Marc , always good to meet and helps other .

you had satin black, or semi Matt as some call it, it's just very slightly shinier than the original plastic dip matt finish that is original. The reason I offer satin is that many owners complain that with a Matt paint finish and greasy fingers the Matt finish has to be wiped off constantly as it looks like it's covered in shiny marks . With Satin finish, it's very close to the rest of the spoke set, but doesn't suffer from the greasy mark issue, as the finish is slightly shiny already . But I'm happy to do whatever people want on an exchange basis.
Looks great and cruise is brilliant to have and really should have been standard, especially on an M car that cost £40k + over 10 years ago. How much do you charge for the button refurb. Mine could do with this and I was considering wrapPing them to match my dash trims but this maybe a better solution.
What do you paint them with? its just that I've read the posts on here about people re-doing their's, only for them to start peeling not long after.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 am

I've got some matt paint I was planning on putting on, d'oh!
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am

I am going to buy new spoke covers, but the buttons also need done... how much is this refurb going to cost ? Are you going to do a standard price Dietcokeman ?
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 23, 2017 8:41 am

Dietcokeman wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:38 am Cheers Marc , always good to meet and helps other .

Most welcome buddy
I only found the time v late last night hahah

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 am

Bing wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am I am going to buy new spoke covers, but the buttons also need done... how much is this refurb going to cost ? Are you going to do a standard price Dietcokeman ?
Ok gents I will start a separate thread for this service .

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Good to see you Marc, your car was looking great ( once you'd cleaned the door cards :poke: ) and when it comes to the loud pedal it's definitely you that wins :lol:

I'm not impressed with your dust free dials when mine still have dust in them :o Bryyyyyyan..........
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Pastry wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm Good to see you Marc, your car was looking great ( once you'd cleaned the door cards :poke: ) and when it comes to the loud pedal it's definitely you that wins :lol:

I'm not impressed with your dust free dials when mine still have dust in them :o Bryyyyyyan..........
Hahah cleaned quickly yesterday but need to do properly
And I'm anal?;)

Hahah my car loud? Never;)
Dust was driving me nuts as looked terrible in there
But looks great again now

And good to meet you also buddy

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue May 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Great work - and the Zeds are looking good, I love the 'London night' picture D4dawg :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Marlon wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:07 pm Great work - and the Zeds are looking good, I love the 'London night' picture D4dawg :thumbsup:
Many kind thanks buddy :)
Went into London, parked it outside the pub, came back and the street light just made it look sooooo sweet!

Hopefully see you soon