Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ABS / DCS Lights! Advice appreciated!

"M" Specific discussion
docp

Post by docp » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:11 am

Hi everyone

I would be really grateful for any advice on the following:

Took the car out on way to MOT today but the ABS / DCS lights have come on. The car is on around 37k miles and had an Inspection 2 in October and oil / diff / gearbox oil change again last week. It's just had a new front caliper on as well as the previous was sticking. No lights until today however. It did have a new set of rear tyres on last week aswell and the car has not been driven until today. Could the lights be related to the tyre change?

Failing that - reading around it looks like it could be a sensor or pump... The car is under extended warranty.

I can't get it to the garage for a few days but I just wanted to know if the tyre change could be related?

Thanks!

Lower

Post by Lower » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:13 am

If you've just had a new front calliper there is a significant chance it's the abs sensor on that wheel.

Tyre change is unlikely to be related.
57 Z4MC Interlagos blue, Champagne leather, Carbon Dash, SatNav, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Heated Seats, Rear Park sensors, Isofix and airbag disable switch for the ideal family car :)
Now Sold and replaced with a M2

docp

Post by docp » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:23 am

Thanks for the reply! If this is the case then would the garage who changed the caliper be expected to pay for replacement?

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:51 am

Wheel sensor buddy
As they probably knocked it changing out calipers
Take wheel off
Pulling out clean it and put back in