Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

KW V3 with CSL's..?

"M" Specific discussion
Argenta

KW V3 with CSL's..?

Post by Argenta » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:44 am

Hiyall!
Seem to remember you needed spacers upfront with the combo KW V3 and CSL's?
I've yet only measured checked the wheel-to-strut distance and there seems to be more space with CSL's than OEM wheels?
(I have the Atomic reps)

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

KW V3 with CSL's..?

Post by MrPT » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:24 am

I think there's a little more, but not much. 10mm is fine and actually evens up the front/rear poke perfectly.

I had the same query - forum to the rescue, as usual.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Argenta

KW V3 with CSL's..?

Post by Argenta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:12 am

Thanx, it just seems weird to me for KW to make a kit that wouldn't work with the std wheels. Indeed the instructions doesn't mention spacers anywhere.

So I assume they will work just fine with my particular CSL's without any spacers then?

I do not want any spacers as the tires WILL start to rub - a no-go in my book.

RedUn

KW V3 with CSL's..?

Post by RedUn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 pm

I've got club sports and csl wheels and I needed 12mm spacers but I'm set quite low, the spring perch is almost in line with the rim of the wheel on the inside. The V3 spring design could cause more trouble if you wanted to run low...
IMOLA Z4///MR