Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Video - driving my M around Europe last year

"M" Specific discussion
JT_0306

Post by JT_0306 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:06 pm

dan yeates wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:57 pm My only reservation is putting several thousand miles on my low mileage Z4M! But I wouldn't want to do it in my TVR Griffith, as it's just too loud and too hot!
I can understand why people don't want to put too many miles on. They won't last forever, they don't make replacements, and of course - depreciation.

My personal point of view is that driving a car like this is one of the highlights of my life, and something like a road trip touring the best drives in Europe (or wherever) is an amazing way to do it. You also get the experience of seeing all sorts of places and people etc. But, it is cost dependent :headbang:
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4MR. Eventuri Intake and Evolve remap. H&S Exhaust. Absolutely loved it, but now sold :cry:
'10 Sepang Blue R8 Spyder, Manual. Top Gear F1 Valvetronic Exhaust. Love with this one too :D

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Great little vid. :thumbsup: What a wonderful way to spend a summer. 8) :driving:

blackabbot

Post by blackabbot » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Loved the vid, great stuff :thumbsup:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D

dan yeates

Post by dan yeates » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 pm

JT_0306 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:06 pm
dan yeates wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:57 pm My only reservation is putting several thousand miles on my low mileage Z4M! But I wouldn't want to do it in my TVR Griffith, as it's just too loud and too hot!
I can understand why people don't want to put too many miles on. They won't last forever, they don't make replacements, and of course - depreciation.

My personal point of view is that driving a car like this is one of the highlights of my life, and something like a road trip touring the best drives in Europe (or wherever) is an amazing way to do it. You also get the experience of seeing all sorts of places and people etc. But, it is cost dependent :headbang:
Yep, you're right, my girlfriend and I have been discussing the road trip in the Z4M this evening!
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:17 pm

dan yeates wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:57 pm My only reservation is putting several thousand miles on my low mileage Z4M!
As others have said, you've just got to do it and not think of the mileage/value. Better to drive a few thousand miles and enjoy an amazing experience than waste the miles commuting or stuck on our clogged roads. I have had at least one roadtrip every year for the past 15 years and although Beth and I keep saying we really ought to have a 'normal' relaxing holiday we always choose a driving holiday.
I think the Z4M Roadster is one of the best choices for this kind of Euro jaunt. 8)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

beanie

Post by beanie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:49 pm

Couldn't agree more with the above sentiments.

I've put roughly 20k on mine since I bought it 4 years ago and quite a lot of those have been either road tripping through Europe or heading off to the Alps. As much as my car would be worth a little bit more now had I not done those trips, the added/saved value wouldn't make any significant difference to my life and I'd have missed out on some amazing memories.

Personally, I think you'd be mad to deny yourself a great roadtrip for the sake of adding 3k miles and losing very little on the value. Besides, if the prices keep slowly rising then it's a free trip!
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Great video, really enjoyed the different to the norm format :thumbsup:

N260 - my favourite road anywhere!

dan yeates

Post by dan yeates » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 am

Yes, you’re all right, of course. The truth is, I hardly ever drive the car. I don’t drive to work, and at weekends I usually use the TVR, unless the weather is bad, in which case we use the M135i.

I have been thinking of changing the Z4M and Griffith and putting the money into a 991 911, or a BMW M4, or Audi R8 and doing some long touring next year, but in reality, I think the little Z4M would be a great car to do it in.
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Great video, i should have done one myself instead of snippets (below).
The Route Napoleon is now my favorite piece of road bar none.
And yes, memories always beats 'low milage'!

https://youtu.be/3Eem6XjmtKo

https://youtu.be/SONeRb-N2PM

JT_0306

Post by JT_0306 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Lance wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 pm Great video, really enjoyed the different to the norm format :thumbsup:

N260 - my favourite road anywhere!
Thanks!

It is a great road. I look forward to returning to it :driving:
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4MR. Eventuri Intake and Evolve remap. H&S Exhaust. Absolutely loved it, but now sold :cry:
'10 Sepang Blue R8 Spyder, Manual. Top Gear F1 Valvetronic Exhaust. Love with this one too :D

JT_0306

Post by JT_0306 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Argenta wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:05 pm Great video, i should have done one myself instead of snippets (below).
The Route Napoleon is now my favorite piece of road bar none.
And yes, memories always beats 'low milage'!

https://youtu.be/3Eem6XjmtKo

https://youtu.be/SONeRb-N2PM
Thanks! If you have the time, making a video is good fun. And it is great to go back and watch it for the memories.

Loved the blast of acceleration at 12 seconds in you second vid :evil:

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm

JT_0306 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 am Video here: https://youtu.be/3NQ3PK1hNLo

Last year I was lucky enough to get a month off work. I decided there was no better way to spend it than doing a 4,000 mile drive around Europe. I drove down to the coast, got the ferry, and spent the next 20 days working my through Europe. Focusing on the Pyrenees, southern France and then a lot of time in the Alps.

This is a short video of my experience.

I recorded a lot of video, so this is just a snippet I quickly pulled together. Having sat on it for a year.

Some may not like the music in there. Which is fair enough. But it was the video I wanted to make. I have however kept some of the great engine and exhaust noise in there as well (I took a mic with me). If anyone wants to hear more of the exhaust (H&S) or engine (with Eventuri intake), or if anyone just wants to see some of the uncut footage, I am happy to share!

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the video.
JT
Ohhhh brother! No words...!

You have lived my dream... One day, one day.

...Someone said they would have done the same but for mileage on the car...? :headbang: :rtfm:
E89 35is