Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Do the Supersprint Catless Pipes Replace the OEM section?

"M" Specific discussion
pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 pm

On my Z4MC I have the stock headers, cats, x pipe and stromung back boxes.
One of the cats is starting to blow a little. I am looking at options for replacement with a catless section.

Can I simply swap out my stock section and fit the Supersprint Catless Pipes, or do I need the Supersprint section 2 plus their back boxes too?

https://www.evolveautomotive.com/supers ... 06-08.html
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||
http://www.phillynchracing.com/index.php/blog/

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:20 am

Yep just fits, no issues. :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:24 am

As above :D
Here's mine it's plug and play
Attachments
20170705_181529.jpg
20170705_181529.jpg (165.38 KiB) Viewed 1605 times

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:41 am

Just make sure you order the pipes with the flanges, on both ends as there's two variants, one for oem and one for supersprint setup :thumbsup:
IMOLA Z4///MR

zmaster007

Post by zmaster007 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 am

What are peoples opinions on removing the resonator on the x-pipe? Much increase in noise? I want a little more noise from mine, but don't want the hassle of going cat-less

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am

You guys are amazing. Superb help as always.

RedUn - ahh yes. I think I have found the two you mean.

Visually this has the flanges I need - Part Number 789812
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/3 ... 89812.html

This one has only one set - Part Number 044912
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/3 ... 44912.html

So as I am fitting to OEM I need the flanges both ends. I will order Part Number 789812.

D4dawg - thanks for the pic, fab. So do you have just the catless section 1 fitted which it looks like, you don't have the SS section 2 right?
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Phil, we're experts at spending other people's money always happy to help :thumbsup: :evil:

Dawg has the oem x pipe the same as me, the supersprint one has the sliding joints on it.

Zmaster never tried it but I can imagine it could be quite bad for drone unless your keeping the oem rear boxes? It is quite a common mod on the e46 but as you know they sound different to the zed anyway...
IMOLA Z4///MR

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:48 pm

RedUn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 pm Phil, we're experts at spending other people's money always happy to help :thumbsup: :evil:

Dawg has the oem x pipe the same as me, the supersprint one has the sliding joints on it.

Zmaster never tried it but I can imagine it could be quite bad for drone unless your keeping the oem rear boxes? It is quite a common mod on the e46 but as you know they sound different to the zed anyway...
Ha yea :) Right I have ordered that part. Should I expect a change in noise once it's fitted?

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Yeah definitely, volume is similar lower down the revs but really opens up as you get past 4k!

I think it sounds more straight 6 like with the decats, :driving:
IMOLA Z4///MR

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 am

Just a heads up mate, just seeing that your running an Evolve map? would they have coded out the requirement for cats? otherwise you'll get a CEL after a few hundred miles. Cheers . :)
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3