Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mot time, spring snapped, b12's ordered....

"M" Specific discussion
gazpat

Mot time, spring snapped, b12's ordered....

Post by gazpat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi,

Apologies in advance for my lack of involvement on here, I'm not a great one for posting on forums.

Just thought I'd reply to Muckinonthesofa's comment "These cars must be incredible with the top of the range coil over kits fitted!"

Well, I had a set of Nitron coilovers fitted to my roadster and set up by Centre Gravity last week. Done a couple of hundred miles since, and I can say it's completely transformed the car.

I found the standard setup harsh and crashy over bumps and poorly surfaced roads, and the front end was a bit vague especially during hard acceleration. Now, all the old cliches can be rolled out. It's completely planted, stable, on rails etc, I can feel exactly what the car is doing. It's still firm, but the crashing over bumps has gone. It's a different car.

I specified that I wanted to keep the standard ride height, and have it set up for real world road conditions, and Centre Gravity have delivered this requirement perfectly IMO.

Only 'downside'?....well... it did cost a shedload of cash....but was it worth it?... most certainly yes... the best money i'll ever spend on this car for sure....