Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alpha N tuning options for carbon airbox

"M" Specific discussion
Str6mik

Post by Str6mik » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am

When I do eventually get round to fitting mine I'm having mine mapped by Roy at ca

Truth

Post by Truth » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 am

Babw wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 pm Thanks to TomK and Martin from MS Motorsport I'm going to have a Karbonius box in the car soon. Will update as and when I get it delivered, fitted and so on. Appreciate the responses.

Does the one from Karbonius need any modification or extra bits and Is it the one in the attachment? Also do u think this is better quality than the Evolve one or Geoff steel one?
Also how much did it come to in £?
Sorry for all the questions
Cheers mate
Attachments
IMG_0685.PNG
IMG_0685.PNG (840.81 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
Z4MC

TomK

Post by TomK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Babw wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 pm Thanks to TomK and Martin from MS Motorsport I'm going to have a Karbonius box in the car soon. Will update as and when I get it delivered, fitted and so on. Appreciate the responses.
Good stuff! Karbonius box looks very nice.
Str6mik wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am When I do eventually get round to fitting mine I'm having mine mapped by Roy at ca
You know he's essentially just a guy who sells things from his home, he's not a tuner or workshop of any description. He'll be reselling someone's map.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:02 pm

+1 for karbonius and Epic , Randy knows his stuff. :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

Truth

Post by Truth » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 am

Truth wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 am

Does the one from Karbonius need any modification or extra bits and Is it the one in the attachment? Also do u think this is better quality than the Evolve one or Geoff steel one?
Also how much did it come to in £?
Sorry for all the questions
Cheers mate
Anyone have any answers please. Cheers in advance
Z4MC

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 am

Yes, needs extra bits, it's better than the GS one and the Evolve one. Box itself needs no mods, but you'll need the snorkel .. or not, that's up to you.. but you'll need different boots and new clamps, you'll need to source the air filter, and iat probe.
You'll need to either extend your current breather or buy the CSL one, and you'll need to either fabricate one of the hoses or by the CSL part.
Total from memory is about 300 US If you include the filter, but snorkel excluded. You'll need a soldering iron and some heatshrink and some heat cover hose for the iat probe that you will wire up.

Hope that helps.. the Karbonious box is by FAR the better box unless you go with authentic BMW Motorsport.

I could probably chase up a parts list if I dig around in my files long enough. The install itself is pretty much piss easy. You'll need to re locate the oil stick.

You will LOVE it, it's the best mod for our cars.. period.

Oh, you'll need the proper BMW CSL iat probe, not the other ones that are available. The CSL one slots straight into the box. Oh and that hose I talked about fabricating is about 75US, so I'd suggest you fabricate it with some fuel line... Or not.. once again, up to you.

Don't get it fitted, do it yourself and learn something in the process. ;) There are lots of guides around, these days even z4m specific.

Lucky for you I am sitting in Venice waiting for our little baby to wake up from midday snooze so we can go sight seeing..

Parts list..

CSL Crank Case Vent Hose (11157833649) - £21.20
CSL Airbox Air Shut Off Valve (11617833647) - £62.27 (fabbed this together myself with fuel line. Perfect)
6 x Clamps (59 - 66mm) (07129952125) £6.98

Karbonius Snorkel - £300

OEM CSL filter - £93 or so...

CSL IAT Sensor (13621739510) - £31.84 - Purchasefrom BMW

Plus postage for all that crap. Those clamps you can probably replace with sh***y plumbers ones, but anyhows, there's the list.

:thumbsup: have fun. The flap in the original OEM snorkel is not required, it's for noise control, and unless you have access to a proper CSL dme to clone or to buy, it ain't gonna work anyhows.
Powered by Severn Tuning

Truth

Post by Truth » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 pm

You're an absolute star mate. Thank you very much. All the best and will post pics later in the year. All the best with the kid and enjoy Venice!
Z4MC

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 am

No worries, let us know how you get on. :thumbsup: