Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sky Q

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by andysat » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi all-anyone got a good deal being an existing customer?-thanks
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

dgm

Sky Q

Post by dgm » Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 pm

£44 a month for the full package and £100 installation for Sky Q silver and a mini box. That was about 4 months ago and on a 12 month contract.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by andysat » Sun May 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi not bad then-thanks :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm

dgm wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 pm £44 a month for the full package and £100 installation for Sky Q silver and a mini box. That was about 4 months ago and on a 12 month contract.
My deal is something like this from memory £50, but free install and a mini box. Can't remember exactly what trhe figures are but again depends on all sorts of factors, but I gave notice on my SkyHD and then just sat back and in came the offers as I closed in on D day :)

BTW - SkyQ is awesome compared to HD, but I still find myself subscribing to Amazon prime to get more movies and some other stuff like Top Gear
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by andysat » Sun May 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Thanks Cj :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by andysat » Sun May 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Just to add I find it annoying that new customers get better deals than existing ones-been with them for nearly 20 years now-sounds as tho its better to cancel and reapply ffs
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun May 21, 2017 9:27 pm

andysat wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 8:12 pm Just to add I find it annoying that new customers get better deals than existing ones-been with them for nearly 20 years now-sounds as tho its better to cancel and reapply ffs
I too was pissed that as a c15 year customer I could have a ShkQ for £175 and pay something like £65/month, not the best new customer deal, hence as above as I posted I cancelled. I did this in the knowledge that I had to give 30 days notice and at any time before the expiry I could change my mind. I actually set up EE as a trial during the notice period but it wasn't what I expected. With a week to go the best offer came in and even that was easy to negotiate down with a person who's job is to retain leaving customers.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

dgm

Sky Q

Post by dgm » Mon May 22, 2017 10:35 am

Agreed, cancellation is the way to go. Within 30 minutes of cancelling I had a 60% discount offered through My Account on the Sky box itself. Online was only offering 50% so make sure you access your account via the box itself. I negotiated Sky Q separately and thought £100 was reasonable for the install but obviously there is better to be had.....like cj's zero. I think there are plenty of good deals available for existing customers, you just have to go through the cancellation palaver to get them. As I read on another forum, the mantra when dealing with Sky is that polite persistence pays.

Sky Q has been flawless for me contrary to a lot of reporting and to my eyes the upscaling of the HD transmissions is superb. There's not much UHD content as yet but that'll come gradually.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by tomscott » Mon May 22, 2017 11:38 am

Best thing to do is ring up and say you cant afford it.

My dads been a customer for nearly 20 years too and was paying well over £100 a month. The GF is in sales and now recruitment and had been placing a head of marketing with sky. The role came around because these bigger companies like Sky and Virgin are seeing huge reductions in new customers and are struggling against the likes of Netflix, amazon etc. If you have Freeview, amazon, netflix and possibly Now TV (which is SKY) and the catch up apps on your smart TV you have 90% of the channels you would want apart from Sports for under £40 per month. Im sure you have seen the latest campaign which this guy basically implemented.

So basically what you can do is ring up (whether you can afford it or not) and say you cant afford £100+ a month for what they offer... They slashed his price by 60% for 12 months. Granted its only 12 months but thats £720...

Not really sure on the upgrade to Sky Q. Just not a fan of Sky think its a rip.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Sky Q

Post by andysat » Mon May 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks for the input all :)
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.