Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Business head unit - no CD or AUX ?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
charlie8

Post by charlie8 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:45 pm

I have a late 2007 with the business head unit. Radio works fine - although I cannot seem to get the auto volume/speed to work - even set at no 6, but thats not the main issue ...

The CD will not accept anything, I try to push it into the slot and nothing happens, its just like there is a wall inside, it goes in ~4 mm with a fair bit of force it goes no further. Says No Disc and eject does nothing.

So I thought I'd explore the Aux, plugged in my ipod just over the ash tray and select the input to Aux, but its just silent , nothing

The CD AND Aux not working seems too much of a coincidence for both to fail, any ideas what to do ? Anyone else had this ?

I see on the options I get via the VIN, that the multi changer cable was installed, but no upgraded unit, so maybe thats just default, but there is no changer, all voids are empty and have no signs of ever being full

Puzzling, anything I can look for bar pulling out and opening up, which might be a one way trip ?
There's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light .... except fear

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 pm

sounds goosed to me - swap it out for a new unit, £50-£70 will get you a decent one.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:48 pm

ive got a mechless alpine headunit with colour screen and aux for a £70 if you want? You just need the adaptor fascia and loom off ebay
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

charlie8

Post by charlie8 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Whipped out the stereo, removed lid and CD player, seems it was stuck in thinking there was a CD in when there was not. Using a ruler on the micro switches with power, got it to reset. Put back together and now works fine

Aux connector I just replaced for £10 on ebay, swapped in and that works fine too now

I guess stuff just wears :driving:
There's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light .... except fear