Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Signatures with Photobucket links

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:48 pm

As it seems that Photobucket isn't coming back any time soon, can you all please check your signature photos and change the host away from Photobucket. We can remove signatures with one click but it also loses any text you might have there so better to make the change yourself.

:thumbsup:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Presumably you're only worried about the Photobucket accounts that don't allow the 3rd party links?
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Show Off Perry ! Just because you can afford the subscription :hattip:

Good shout Mike as its annoying seeing all of failed images filling out the posts.

I've done mine :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Yep good point well made Perry :D

It's just the ones that don't link correctly. Have you coughed up then? I thought it was something extortionate?

It was WLH who rightly thought it was about time we started to do something...the error message is so annoying to see everywhere.

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Mine's a Plus20 account so only $2.99 (c. £2.50) a month....
Alpina Roadster S #320

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Also can you please check it complies with the forum guidelines, we have a lot more access from mobile devices than previously, making oversized sigs most annoying :D
Signature size

Signature sizes should not exceed 600px (width) x 150px (height). This size includes any text you wish to put above or below a single picture. If you have any problem sizing your signature please contact a moderator and they will assist you.

Signatures should not contain advertising or advertising links unless previously discussed with the moderation team.

Links to personal sites and photo galleries are absolutely fine :thumbsup:

Signatures should not contain sound or animation and may not be used to advertise your business

The rules of the forum are at the discretion of the administration and moderation team. If you have any queries or questions please don't hesitate to ask. (This is a disclaimer.... we are quite laid back really) ;)

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm

I've just checked their new T&Cs and it looks like I shall have to shift all of my images anyway as it'll stop working - although it appears that I have a reasonably long grace period in which to do so
PhotoPhuckers wrote: If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
subscription.
Alpina Roadster S #320

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm

I have a plus20 account, and my images were removed this month, so didn't last until Dec 2018. I've switched to https://vgy.me/ - they are UK-based servers and no issues with third party linking.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 pm

markeg wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm I have a plus20 account, and my images were removed this month, so didn't last until Dec 2018. I've switched to https://vgy.me/ - they are UK-based servers and no issues with third party linking.
That's a bit concerning... I've got copies of all the photos so I'm not too worried about losing them, and I can edit posts / upload the photos to the forum etc. to avoid broken links in the future...

...I just need to find time to do it - I've checked and I've got 795 posts containing img tags and a fair few of those posts will contain multiple images...

I did previously suggest that this is the perfect use for a backend script to pull down images from any still active links, store them in the forum datastore, and replace the image link with the forum one... but that'll still need someone to spend time writing the script...
Alpina Roadster S #320

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 pm
markeg wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm I have a plus20 account, and my images were removed this month, so didn't last until Dec 2018. I've switched to https://vgy.me/ - they are UK-based servers and no issues with third party linking.
That's a bit concerning... I've got copies of all the photos so I'm not too worried about losing them, and I can edit posts / upload the photos to the forum etc. to avoid broken links in the future...

...I just need to find time to do it - I've checked and I've got 795 posts containing img tags and a fair few of those posts will contain multiple images...

I did previously suggest that this is the perfect use for a backend script to pull down images from any still active links, store them in the forum datastore, and replace the image link with the forum one... but that'll still need someone to spend time writing the script...
I've used a chrome extension (called, surprisingly, "Photobucket Album Downloader", cost around £1.40 ) that allows downloading large albums - the PB album downloader is far too flakey. I received the same notification you did, Perry, but last month third party hosting stopped working and I started seeing the PB advert instead. I've moved to a free PB account now, but can't see me using them again.

I'll eventually update all the images I've linked over the years, is there a way to search your image posts? That would help...
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:29 am

markeg wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 pm I'll eventually update all the images I've linked over the years, is there a way to search your image posts? That would help...
I just did a search for posts by me with "[img]" in them (in quotes) - some of them may be quoted posts with someone else's image in the quoted portion but it should be a pretty good indication
Alpina Roadster S #320

underdosed

Post by underdosed » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:28 am

Firefox/Chrome extension available to be able to still see photobucket photo's -
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ucket-fix/
E85 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 am

Shite. All of mine have now gone. 890 posts with pics. I am pretty sure I'll never get round to replacing them all :-(
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:00 am

underdosed wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:28 am Firefox/Chrome extension available to be able to still see photobucket photo's -
THAT is fecking magical :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

At least I can now see all of my photos again :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

StanM

Post by StanM » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:31 am

underdosed wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:28 am Firefox/Chrome extension available to be able to still see photobucket photo's -
You are the MAN! :thumbsup: Thanks a lot mate, I will now save PDF prints of all the great posts I wanted to keep.
FU Photophuckit :evil:
2011 E89 sDrive23i M Sport Highline Edition, Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, 326M, Stubby

2004 E85 2.5i
2001 E46 320Ci
2000 E36/7 2.0i