Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just want to get something off my chest...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Are there any of the fairer sex still on here or are we now a virtual monastery?
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:41 pm

RickRob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm Are there any of the fairer sex still on here or are we now a virtual monastery?
There’s always Fred, he’s very in touch with his feminine side :hairdryer: :gfight:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:33 am

Pastry wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:41 pm
There’s always Fred, he’s very in touch with his feminine side :hairdryer: :gfight:
Well I suppose he wood be. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 am

I’ve always loved this place, couldn’t get off it in the early years of my membership and it ‘helped’ me spend thousands on my first Z... then led me to my second, by way of making a fair few very good friends who I’m sure I’ll know until they’re dead, or imprisoned. The only reason I don’t post so much now is time, as my job has changed, which kind of sucks tbh.

The membership has changed, but the helpfulness and generosity of everyone has not - there’s always one or two who go too far, but most of the time they’re called out before the mods even get to them. I love it here, look in every day, and I know that if I ever needed any help with my car I’d get it. One thing I have learned is to walk away... or stay away in the first place... from anything that winds me up. It’s not worth it - as Nosa once said to me, I spend a large portion of my day arguing with idiots at work, why would I choose to spend my spare time doing it as well ?

Long may this place survive as a bastion of friendliness in the sea of fuckwittery that is the Internet :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:18 am

Bing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 am I’ve always loved this place, couldn’t get off it in the early years of my membership and it ‘helped’ me spend thousands on my first Z... then led me to my second, by way of making a fair few very good friends who I’m sure I’ll know until they’re dead, or imprisoned. The only reason I don’t post so much now is time, as my job has changed, which kind of sucks tbh.

The membership has changed, but the helpfulness and generosity of everyone has not - there’s always one or two who go too far, but most of the time they’re called out before the mods even get to them. I love it here, look in every day, and I know that if I ever needed any help with my car I’d get it. One thing I have learned is to walk away... or stay away in the first place... from anything that winds me up. It’s not worth it - as Nosa once said to me, I spend a large portion of my day arguing with idiots at work, why would I choose to spend my spare time doing it as well ?

Long may this place survive as a bastion of friendliness in the sea of fuckwittery that is the Internet :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:40 am

thanatu55 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:16 pm this shouldn't be a place where one should feel the need to clarify their personal circumstances to another to justify or seek approval for the decisions they make or for the things they choose to share.Jay.
Just remember when someone judges or criticizes another person, it says nothing about that person, it says a lot more about their own sad need to be critical :wink:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Bing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 am
The membership has changed, but the helpfulness and generosity of everyone has not - there’s always one or two who go too far like Pastry.
Well said sir :happyclap:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm

:rofl:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:40 pm

firebobby wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm
Bing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 am
The membership has changed, but the helpfulness and generosity of everyone has not - there’s always one or two who go too far like Pastry.
Well said sir :happyclap:
You are a tosspot Fred :rofl: :rofl:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Bing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm:rofl:
Fuckwittery. :lol: :thumbsup:

New one on me. Now added to dictionary.

Long may you keep on posting Bing. Your only at 2 1/2 times, what a scouse gobsh#te can manage. :o I really must try harder. :D

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I frequented the forum when i had my e86. Ithink i sent bing a auto gear stick after he damaged his trying to answer a question i asked. I did think it was more hostile back then, infact i left after a member gave me his address so i could go there so he could "sort me out" All over a tongue in cheek comment about cats on e85 roofs. :tumbleweed:
I returned however after a while away. Better crowd and more stars and alot of the old faithfuls still around. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Rusky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 pm I frequented the forum when i had my e86. Ithink i sent bing a auto gear stick after he damaged his trying to answer a question i asked. I did think it was more hostile back then, infact i left after a member gave me his address so i could go there so he could "sort me out" All over a tongue in cheek comment about cats on e85 roofs. :tumbleweed:
I returned however after a while away. Better crowd and more stars and alot of the old faithfuls still around. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I remember that, very much appreciated. I still have my old one somewhere in the garage :lol:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Bing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:32 pm
Rusky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 pm I frequented the forum when i had my e86. Ithink i sent bing a auto gear stick after he damaged his trying to answer a question i asked. I did think it was more hostile back then, infact i left after a member gave me his address so i could go there so he could "sort me out" All over a tongue in cheek comment about cats on e85 roofs. :tumbleweed:
I remember that, very much appreciated. I still have my old one somewhere in the garage :lol:

And you did not provide that to the buyer of your car? I would never do such a thing :P
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 pm

PVR :rofl: The guy did think something was missing :rofl: Actually i replaced it with a piano black auto gear knob from a 1 series which i thought looked a lot better. :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Were the cats not on hot tin roofs? :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold