Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Southern UK meet (Hampshire) - Sun 5/4/09

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.

srhutch

Re: Southern UK meet (Hampshire) - Sun 5/4/09

Post by srhutch » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Yes thanks to Clare and Andy, I just hope my brakes stop squeaking soon (definatley had to use them today)

Hopefully somebody who took pis will post soon, and it was really good to see six speed's car in the fleash so to speak. This has to be the bext looking Z4MC in the country.

Roaders

Post by Roaders » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:51 pm

We had a fantastic day as well. First cruise in the M3 and I can't wait for more.

Many thanks to Clare and Andy for organising everything.

Pictures here

Blog here.

Oh yes and I also forgot - nice that no one ran out of petrol and needed rescuing today as well ;)

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:26 pm

nice pics- looks like a great day!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Really enjoyed it today, many thanks to Clare for organising everything, it was really good to meet some proper petrolheads. Really glad I made the early start as the traffic got a little heavier later on. I was expecting to be driving at decent speeds, but I had no idea there were so many nutters in attendance! :D I felt a little out of my depth at first but hung on in there and kept my foot down and had a great time. There were some great Z4s there, Sixspeed's white M was stunning (sounds great) but my personal fav was Ed's Silver Grey M, a beaut. Driver of the day I would give to Claire's friend in the Boxster who I followed for most of the morning, I thought she might hold me up, but not a bit of it 8) I definitely want to be involved in the next one, and here's hoping it's not too long to wait :)

Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:28 pm

SOLD 2006 Z4 ///M Roadster in Imola Red....As seen below
http://www.pbase.com/elliot_d/bmw_z4_m

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:15 am

Wicked pics guys, and just want to say a big thankyou again to Clare and Andy for organising the two runs! Truely fantastic drives! And glad to say we didn't get even close to 35mpg ;) (I think I'd be pushed to say I managed even 20!)

Roaders

Post by Roaders » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:46 am

sixspeed wrote:Wicked pics guys, and just want to say a big thankyou again to Clare and Andy for organising the two runs! Truely fantastic drives! And glad to say we didn't get even close to 35mpg ;) (I think I'd be pushed to say I managed even 20!)
35!!!!! who was expecting that. During most of Andy's dawn raid we were getting close to 13!

The car is only a month old though and has only done just less than 5000 miles. I'm sure the mpg will get better when it loosens up a bit! (I know I'm kidding myself).

Roaders

Post by Roaders » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:48 am

flimper wrote:I felt a little out of my depth at first but hung on in there and kept my foot down and had a great time.
As Andy said at the start drive as fast as you are comfortable with and don't feel pressured into going to fast. Glad you enjoyed the run, like you I can't wait for the next one.

Was that your first meet? I only ask after having read your post, nothing to do with driving on the day - I don't think I was near you in the group anyway.

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 am

Although i didnt the the 'dawn raid' I averaged 23mpg over 100 miles which i think is quite reasonable considering
I did have the A/C off though......... :D
SOLD 2006 Z4 ///M Roadster in Imola Red....As seen below
http://www.pbase.com/elliot_d/bmw_z4_m

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 am

Roaders wrote:
flimper wrote:I felt a little out of my depth at first but hung on in there and kept my foot down and had a great time.
As Andy said at the start drive as fast as you are comfortable with and don't feel pressured into going to fast. Glad you enjoyed the run, like you I can't wait for the next one.

Was that your first meet? I only ask after having read your post, nothing to do with driving on the day - I don't think I was near you in the group anyway.
Yes, that was my first taste of 'vigorous' driving, hope it didn't show :)
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am

Thought everyone kept up a pretty good pace tbh! Didn't realise there were any "newbies" as such, so it didn't show to me! :)

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am

Thought everyone kept up a pretty good pace tbh! Didn't realise there were any "newbies" as such, so it didn't show to me! :)

ClareS

Post by ClareS » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 am

that was my first ever run. To quote Rossi "F*@k!!!!". I felt particularly under pressure as I had sixspeed behind me as I have certainly never driven my car that quickly before! I'll pass on Flimpers message to Sarah, she said she could only just keep up so I think she did well too

Awesome day out and I'm certainly up for another one! Sorry about loosing people on the second bit, but at least we all met up at the pub.

I did 148 miles and got 23.5mpg (not even in an M so everyone elses must've been loads worse!) with and average speed of 48mph (although that included my journey to the start point too).

Best quote of the day for me was Andy: "I'm going to be driving as fast as I can...." :D
Montego blue Z4 3.0 sport coupe with champagne leather & piano black trim

ClareS

Post by ClareS » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:16 am

and here's the pick of my shots:

Montego blue Z4 3.0 sport coupe with champagne leather & piano black trim