Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Early Christmas

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Hotride

Early Christmas

Post by Hotride » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:45 am

I have been eye-ing off a few mods for a while now, and....

Last weekend I found some translucent Red Paint, So i could finally paint my clear tail lights :D .

And as my xmas present, Mrs. Hotride decided to buy me the leather Z Centre console combo.
While she was at it, I couldn't help myself and I got the first aid box and ZHP knob as well.

I had also just ordered a set of Carbon Badges which arrived almost at the same time, so I have posted a few pics of my new car changing mods

Have to say the ZHP/Leather Z Centre console has made an amazing difference to my driving - changing gear just feels so much better/ smoother using the arm rest with the ZHP!!

Step 1 - The Tail lights
I covered the bits i didn't want painted with clear contact(worked brilliantly, no runs or red paint on clear bits!)

Step 2 - The Badges

Step 3 - Centre Console, Arm Rests, ZHP

Now, after 6 Months of ownership I have the car pretty much how I want it in terms of Driving Position and Looks. Removing the CDV and a moderate tune will probably be next on the agenda! or maybe a DIY "hide the keyholes" one weekend.

anyways would love some feedback on the new mods (good or bad) or some ideas for the future!
Last edited by Hotride on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dfor68

Re: Early Christmas

Post by dfor68 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:10 am

Lucky you! nice work lights are the business I'll have to look into getting some of those myself. :thumbsup:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:02 am

Nice work.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

edit.... Correction...Not sure how that happened.... :oops:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 am

WLH wrote:Nice work.... :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
ok, I'm :? .... ill just take it as a compliment
dfor68 wrote:Lucky you! nice work lights are the business I'll have to look into getting some of those myself. :thumbsup:
most people prefer them, and spraying a few good coats of paint makes it more rewarding when you fit them

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 am

Looking good :thumbsup:

Hmmmmmm so the ZHP works ok with a LeatherZ arm rest, where did I leave that number for Joe @ Sopers.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:52 am

Another CJ clone in the making? Quad clear rears, CF badges, clear centre light on a Sterling Grey with red interior. Looks really good :thumbsup:

I envy your environment where a garage with no door and slatted sides is adquate. Mine was running a nice -6c yesterday
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 am

haha, CJ I think you have some of the most well thought out mods, lucky I don't have the 108's! and we went different directions on the front end!

AND unlike all you English drivers, I got black/grey plates!!! no bright yellow here

Sometimes i wish for those temps (as im a snowboard addict) but I only get to wear a jacket maybe 1 month a year, and find it too hot to drop the top at midday!!

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 am

looks good :thumbsup:

would i be right to think your a big elvis costello fan :wink:

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:09 am

Is the ZHP purely fitted for aesthetic reasons or does it have a better 'feel' to it?
Either way it's looking good :thumbsup:

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 am

Dav the wheel nut wrote:Is the ZHP purely fitted for aesthetic reasons or does it have a better 'feel' to it?
Either way it's looking good :thumbsup:
The zhp is shorter and weighted, makes a very noticeable difference to the gear change I think, shorter easier and sharper. Might be in my head but others here really rate it.

As for Elvis Costello - never heard of him, :withstupid: will have to google it!

chrismann85

Post by chrismann85 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am

+1 ZHP makes a welcome change, good cheap mod.
Chris

05MY 2.0l Z4 - ToledoBlue/Oregon Leather, Ellipsiod 107s with Falken 452s, DICE, ZHP Gear Knob... no stubby!

WANTED: Sport seats, audio upgrades, MFSW... PM me

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 pm

It gives me the warm fuzzies to see other Aussies on here doing mods ;)

All looks great - I love the red leather interior! I came this close to buying a black 3.0 with red leather but decided black wasn't for me 8)
Can I ask where you got the ZHP knob from and how much you paid? I've always felt the stock knob to be a little high, and it is starting to wear on the rear edge.

Love the plates too. Is your name Levi?
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Hotride wrote:
WLH wrote:Nice work.... :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
ok, I'm :? .... ill just take it as a compliment
It was a compliment....
was intended to be... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It was a situation where it took forever to post and I did not check my post when it did... :oops:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Mango zac - I got the zhp and centre console from www.leatherz.com I paid 65usd for the knob + postage but I have seen a few on eBay too. My stock knob was the same getting very scratched around the top edges.

I used to be part of skylines aus forum and met a few members through there, would be nice to do the same here, too bad I live so far north of the big cities.

Also yes my name is Levi, that combo took me ages to create :headbang:

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks Levi!

I'm not so keen on having the M logo on there but $90 for the plain knob seems a bit steep. I shall have to think about it ;)
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR