Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Selling my Alpina - Audio Strip out?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
SamUK

Selling my Alpina - Audio Strip out?

Post by SamUK » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:11 pm

My Alpina will be going up for sale soon - shame really as I had recently spent near £2.5k on the car, getting the audio and vanos etc sorted.

It would be the car that i would keep for a long time, as it only had 1 previous owner...

Need to get back as much as I can to fund my new toy that i have been driving around :driving: (wife still dont know..so suuush)

See here: viewtopic.php?p=1243074#p1243074

Just not sure what to do about my audio setup! I had to make the holes in the door cars bigger for the speakers to fit.

Kit included:
Morel Virtus 4" Components (bought new)
JL Audio xd700/5 5 Channel Amplifier With Bass Control knob (Still under warranty with Amp doctor)
Audio COntrol L2ci
Audison AV 6.5 Mid Range
JL Audio CP108lg
Intravee II with the Alpine KCA-420i

Audio thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76923

Options:

1: Sell the car with the kit installed, will be quick & hassle free but dont think i will get back any extra for the kit installed - but i did not want to scare off any potential buyers - standard audio is pretty s**t..actually VERY s**t!

2: Remove the Intravee, and all the audio kit. Install budget 4” component system and run this off the head unit. The 4” speaker will sit where the existing morel component is with the grill. Sell the kit, and hope to get back near £650

3: Source 2 door cars from ebay, and pop the standard speakers back in the car, connected to the head unit
I have a friend who will help me (professional Installer) remove rewire etc..and will need to budget near £80 - £100 to pay him for his time.

Any thoughts?

Darkangelv2

Re: Selling my Alpina - Audio Strip out?

Post by Darkangelv2 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:15 pm

What was your plan for the kit if you took it out?

2nd hand market for audio has become very low I think? Intravee & KCA will obviously sell ok.
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

SamUK

Post by SamUK » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Good thing is that these can go into any car, i know when i was looking i could not find much..

So hoping to sell these to get some money back..

thinking something like:

Amp: £280 (new £430 +) last one sold on ebay for £270 odd, but there are no others for sale at the moment second hand
6.5" £100 (new £170)
Sub: £100 (new £220)
Morels: £180 (£300 cost after taxes new as these were imported) UK costs are near £500 if bought from here...
Intravee (£160) going buy the one for sale on ebay

Or i will just keep them in the garage till one day need them again...or they eventually sell..

Not sure if i will mess with the bose setup in the 911..

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Tricky

If I was buying an Alpina I would prefer it to be factory fit

SamUK

Post by SamUK » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:02 pm

True, but the standard fit speakers are just awful...i think some came with the 6 speaker, though would gues these are also crap..lol

Some do prefer the exhaust note the good sound..

leaning towards removing at the moment..just thinking what to do with the door panels..

un1eash

Post by un1eash » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:06 pm

I would take it back to stock.