Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Beach Holiday Suggestions

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
gov

Post by gov » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:49 am

It's the time of year to think about booking a summer holiday :D

We have been going to Greece for years but fancy Italy for a change - did have a week in Venice a couple of years ago - stayed in Lido de Jesolo - lovely people - lovely beaches :D

Would like to explore more of Italy - somewhere on the coast with a decent beach - not lively but not too remote - somewhere we can chill out for a couple of weeks !

Any suggestions ?

Tony

bluespit

Post by bluespit » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:55 am

We did Viareggio in Tuscany a couple of years ago, beaches are vast and crowded if you like that sort of thing - being Italy they are also privately owned and spaces are rented by the day. Beautiful area and lots of things to see and do but definitely not bargain basement.

we travelled further round the coast to Santa Margherita Ligure which was beautiful and also had private beaches although we preferred to relax by the hotel pool. Its just around the bay from Portofino where basic rooms are £1200 per person per night, so it was a bit out of our budget.

Although we've not travelled there the best Italian beaches are supposed to be in the south in a region called Puglia.

Scicily beaches care good as are Sardinia

any help?
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

obewan

Post by obewan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:50 am

We went to Cattolica many years ago (on the Adriatic coast)
Nice place with a great beach
Fly in to Rimini so the transfer is not too long
San Marino is close by and worth a visit - I wondered at the time how they held a Grand Prix there :rofl:
(they don't)
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 pm

bluespit wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:55 am We did Viareggio in Tuscany a couple of years ago, beaches are vast and crowded if you like that sort of thing - being Italy they are also privately owned and spaces are rented by the day. Beautiful area and lots of things to see and do but definitely not bargain basement.

we travelled further round the coast to Santa Margherita Ligure which was beautiful and also had private beaches although we preferred to relax by the hotel pool. Its just around the bay from Portofino where basic rooms are £1200 per person per night, so it was a bit out of our budget.

Although we've not travelled there the best Italian beaches are supposed to be in the south in a region called Puglia.

Scicily beaches care good as are Sardinia

any help?
Yup Puglia is brilliant, a very relaxed area which grows and then drinks its own wines. I've spent some time in the heel area which is Puglia - obviously brilliant weather and the local food is delicious. If you hire a car you can do some local sightseeing - there are few big towns down that way so it is very rural but a car should see you right for a week or two. I visited the Otranto area maybe a decade or so ago and loved it - frequent fly-bys from the Italian air force as well when I went. You'd love southern Italy. As a comparison, I've also spent some time in Tuscany and the two areas are just different - Tuscany being the more affluent, busy area - it depedns what you are after.
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

gov

Post by gov » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Cheers guys - seems the consensus is for Southern Italy - will do some web browsing :D

1000rr

Post by 1000rr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm

We’ve done Santa Margaherita (stunning) , Portofino, Amalfi, Lake como and Garda, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello and Rapello, Cinqua Terra.....amongst others, for a lovely, chill time I’d recommend Santa Margherita... decent beaches, hardly any English and food and wine is fantastic.ive been all over Italy, and to be frank, Como is fabulous...but Santa Margherita is as lovely... and quiet.

You’ll get busier holidays down south, but very touristy unless you go out of season, and the beaches are pebbley and will cost you to use them.
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 pm

I'd give this some serious thought depending what you want from your experience.

https://www.agriturismo.it/en/?gclid=EA ... gIpQvD_BwE

As said above, beech holidays in Italy are not your typical experience from my experience. Italy is more about traveling seeing the sights and taking in the culture.

Just love the place personally. Have been to Venice, commaccio, Florence, bolognia, sienna, Montiregioni , Rimini, Rome, Naples, Amalfi coast stayed in Sorrento, sicily near mount Etna (amazing experience at the Volcano) wanting to do a tour in the Puglia region but getting no interest from the wife as she loves the all inclusive beech, hotel packages in Dubai now so that's us taking separate vacations as a result of now wanting different things from our holiday experiences :rofl:

Also consider Sardinia as a beech holiday destination, a work colleague tells me it is a great place to visit. I have it on my short list :thumbsup:
Last edited by JimsZ on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil:

shawna

Post by shawna » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Visit Sicily!! Its amazing, with lovely beaches, super cheap prices and best food you can ever want.

You can go to the beaches next to Palermo (google is your friend) and travel around west or east towards Siracusa, where there are some lovely beaches like Porto Palo di Capobassero.

A car is a must.