Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Unmarked cars that Plod are using

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
EssexZed

Post by EssexZed » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pm

The Police seem to be using more unmarked vehicles these days but I saw one this evening in Colchester that caused me to raise an eyebrow. I heard a siren approaching from behind me and moved over to see a black Vauxhall Corsa VXR go by with the usual blue lights fitted in places that would go unnoticed unless in use.

I’ve recently seen an unmarked Police Focus ST, Volvo’s and various vehicles from the VAG range but nothing as small as a Corsa before. Has anyone else seen them using similar small hot hatches?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:38 am

EssexZed wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pmThe Police seem to be using more unmarked vehicles these days but I saw one this evening in Colchester that caused me to raise an eyebrow. I heard a siren approaching from behind me and moved over to see a black Vauxhall Corsa VXR go by with the usual blue lights fitted in places that would go unnoticed unless in use.

I’ve recently seen an unmarked Police Focus ST, Volvo’s and various vehicles from the VAG range but nothing as small as a Corsa before. Has anyone else seen them using similar small hot hatches?
I’ve heard of chavs fitting the lights to their chav-mobiles to cut through traffic, this Corsa sounds like a prime example :o
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 am

I’ve seen an ST before now, and what must have been a Cupra. But they use all sorts - a few years ago in London I saw a 20+ year old white Leyland van with all the lights and a siren. Scared the s**t out of me, came out of nowhere at a rate of knots. Obviously not traffic police though.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:47 am

Sometimes there start to use vehicles that have been seized,
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Lanky Lancs Lad

Post by Lanky Lancs Lad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 am

Lancashire Police use a Black Merc Vito, certainly not black when they light it up....
3.0si Roady '07 Individual Model,
He who has most toys wins....

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:41 pm

I miss the police Capri's that used to roam around Kent. They looked great! Unless they were behind you with blue lights on, although to avoid them you just found a corner to go around.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

85genius

Post by 85genius » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Police round here used to have an old megane convertible in yellow very much like this:

Wasn't so "unmarked" when they have the roof down and 2 uniformed officers in it though
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

markalp

Post by markalp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Unmarked cars is cheating, and should be illegal unless on undercover work.
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

chrisgreen

Post by chrisgreen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:43 pm

just reaffirms that there's less and less places to enjoy these cars. Whenever I see a fairly clean debadged newish saloon or estate (of which there are a lot!!) I slow down and cruise past at 70mph.

If I saw a corsa VXR id definitely be tempted to give it a little race - can't believe the police are using them!
'04 E85 Z4 3.0 silver/black - daily driver :driving: - Sold
'02 E46 M3 PY/Kiwi
'05 E46 330d Touring - Silver Grey/Black

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pm

They are also using the public now as undercover cops, anyone with a dash cam around us is asked to send them any motor infringement they capture and download it for them to follow it up! PC Plod advertises on the local radio with their download address! Its a "Big Brother" system eyes everywhere watching you, :roll: and that could even be a cyclist with a go pro on his helmet.:cry:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Bing wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 amI’ve seen an ST before now, and what must have been a Cupra. But they use all sorts - a few years ago in London I saw a 20+ year old white Leyland van with all the lights and a siren. Scared the s**t out of me, came out of nowhere at a rate of knots. Obviously not traffic police though.
Bomb squad. :wink: Wasn't a Mk2, LWB, Land Rover in hot pursuit by any chance. :lol: :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:43 pm

85genius wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 pmPolice round here used to have an old megane convertible in yellow very much like this:

Wasn't so "unmarked" when they have the roof down and 2 uniformed officers in it though
I'd die of shame, if that pulled me over. :oops:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm
Bing wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 amI’ve seen an ST before now, and what must have been a Cupra. But they use all sorts - a few years ago in London I saw a 20+ year old white Leyland van with all the lights and a siren. Scared the s**t out of me, came out of nowhere at a rate of knots. Obviously not traffic police though.
Bomb squad. :wink: Wasn't a Mk2, LWB, Land Rover in hot pursuit by any chance. :lol: :thumbsup:
Lol no, but that is what I thought... or serious organised crime / flying squad.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:19 pm

zedwheels wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pmThey are also using the public now as undercover cops, anyone with a dash cam around us is asked to send them any motor infringement they capture and download it for them to follow it up! PC Plod advertises on the local radio with their download address! Its a "Big Brother" system eyes everywhere watching you, :roll: and that could even be a cyclist with a go pro on his helmet.:cry:
I heard about this recently. Seriously underhand :thumbsdown:

markalp

Post by markalp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Bing wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:19 pm
zedwheels wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pmThey are also using the public now as undercover cops, anyone with a dash cam around us is asked to send them any motor infringement they capture and download it for them to follow it up! PC Plod advertises on the local radio with their download address! Its a "Big Brother" system eyes everywhere watching you, :roll: and that could even be a cyclist with a go pro on his helmet.:cry:
I heard about this recently. Seriously underhand :thumbsdown:
Remember when the police used to be there to solve crimes and keep us safe, these days it is all about controlling the poplation and "forcing" us into doing whatever the current chief inspector deems to be approprate behaviour.

Reminds me of the film "I Robot" where the robots tried to enslave the humans for their own good to keep them "safe".
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030