Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

When you're supposed to be selling your car and...

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
no fit state

Post by no fit state » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:16 pm
no fit state wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:26 pm
srhutch wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pmIs it staying now then?
I don't know :cry:

The head says sell, the heart says buy a daily driver and find somewhere to store it for dry weekend use only.
It comes down to will it hurt more to keep it or sell it. I probably held on to my FIAT Coupe a few years to long. It was costing a small fortune to keep it going. But those lst few years with that car were worth every penny. :wub:
I owned a Fiat Coupe 20v from 2004 till 2008 loved that car too. It never put a foot wrong despite me taking it to nearly 100k miles.
Z4MC Imola red

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm

no fit state wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 pm
buzyg wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:16 pm
no fit state wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:26 pm I don't know :cry:

The head says sell, the heart says buy a daily driver and find somewhere to store it for dry weekend use only.
It comes down to will it hurt more to keep it or sell it. I probably held on to my FIAT Coupe a few years to long. It was costing a small fortune to keep it going. But those lst few years with that car were worth every penny. :wub:
I owned a Fiat Coupe 20v from 2004 till 2008 loved that car too. It never put a foot wrong despite me taking it to nearly 100k miles.
Spot on, I had mine from 2001 to 2011. if I had sold her at 100k I would have missed the financial pain of the last 45k. Would also have missed 5 years of fun. :driving: 8)

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm

no fit state wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 pm You give it a clean, take some pictures but it looks so good that you don't want to sell it now :headbang:
That looks flipin amazing. I'd need a damn good reason to sell mine and 'getting a newer car, just because' wouldn't be one of those for sure.
I get the storage issue, there are options out there that shouldn't cost a fortune, bearing in mind the car at the moment is probably increasing in value.
Don't do it imo, you will regret it I would imagine.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Car looks fantastic OP. :thumbsup:

Think long and hard before you sell - I didn't in 2015, and days after taking a deposit on my first Coupe I was out putting a deposit on my second! :headbang:

Plus if you did sell and regret it you'd probably struggle to find another MC - they aren't exactly common cars, and if anything they are increasing in value.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 pm

My friend is after an Imola ///MC, if you decide to sell let me know and I’ll pass on the details :driving: :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

no fit state

Post by no fit state » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks for all the advice and compliments on my car. I've decided keep it for the next few months and refit the standard wheels for a bit of a change.
Z4MC Imola red

Havard

Post by Havard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm

no fit state wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pmThanks for all the advice and compliments on my car. I've decided keep it for the next few months and refit the standard wheels for a bit of a change.
Good choice. I nipped to Manchester earlier to drop some bits off at a job. Although I should have taken my company car, it was just too much of a temptation to give the Zed a run. She makes me giggle, no cd's, just that lovely engine noise for company.... :thumbsup:

H.
ImageImage