Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can cruise be retrofitted?

"M" Specific discussion
ian in lancs

Post by ian in lancs » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Z4 Forum AMW wrote:I would really like cruise - I had it my Cooper S and Audi and used it quite a lot - can I retrofit it to my 2003 2.5i??
Yes, it's in the accessory brochure plug in and play. Plus the bottom steering wheel cowl / cover needs to be either trimmed to clear switch or replaced by one with cut-out.

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:09 pm

ian in lancs wrote:Bad news I'm afraid. They've shown me the email back from BMW technical. Definately can't be done on the Z4M
bizarre.. but how can this be true.. it MUST be possible as Z4M's exist with this option, I assume they're saying it would cost too much, new loom etc.

might have a look at realoem to see if there's any clues..

ian in lancs

Post by ian in lancs » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:33 pm

Andy wrote:
ian in lancs wrote:Bad news I'm afraid. They've shown me the email back from BMW technical. Definately can't be done on the Z4M
bizarre.. but how can this be true.. it MUST be possible as Z4M's exist with this option, I assume they're saying it would cost too much, new loom etc.

might have a look at realoem to see if there's any clues..
you might want to read the greg_ch post here

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14239

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:56 pm

ian in lancs wrote:you might want to read the greg_ch post here
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14239
which suggests its still possible but BMW dont sell the loom.. so again.. from a written off Z4M you could retro fit it, surely ? ?