Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

///M Lambda / o2 sensor

"M" Specific discussion
goon

Re: ///M Lambda / o2 sensor

Post by goon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Good thread chaps,anything that saves our hard earned cash to keep the cars tiptop should maybe have a page of its own.

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:30 am

Well, I received mine this morning as promised, however there is no bosch marking on the senor itself or bosch part number, just a short part code and BPE stamped. I can't find any references to this anywhere. Spoke to the guy now who says "it's a bosch part mate and that's all there is to it" and got a bit short with me. He says he's been doing this for years and it's only bosch that make that part etc.I didn't expect to see any BMW marking of course, but I would have thought there should be a bosch part number? Think I'll be sending them back Monday, thoughts?

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:03 pm

TomK wrote:Well, I received mine this morning as promised, however there is no bosch marking on the senor itself or bosch part number, just a short part code and BPE stamped. I can't find any references to this anywhere. Spoke to the guy now who says "it's a bosch part mate and that's all there is to it" and got a bit short with me. He says he's been doing this for years and it's only bosch that make that part etc.I didn't expect to see any BMW marking of course, but I would have thought there should be a bosch part number? Think I'll be sending them back Monday, thoughts?
Ah damn, can't say I'm too impressed with that. Like you say I don't see why it wouldn't have the Bosch part number if it was legit, makes no sense..... :( Seems a bit dodgy to me, when I spoke to them myself yesterday was a nice enough chap, although I did push him on the is it a genuine part and he didn't directly answer, just said they get the part from a company in Germany and that Bosch only make these parts. It may well be fine, but I would feel a bit paranoid about it tbh.
Think I'll cancel my order, seems like this is gonna be harder than I first expected, damn BMW!
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:29 pm

To quote Beedub from an old thread on the subject viewtopic.php?t=29674
Beedub wrote:ive just done alittle phone around and was told the later bmw parts are produced by bosche only for bmw so bmw has the rights to the part....
If that is true I guess it's probable the factory that makes these would want all markings off if they were being sold outside of bmw? All the images of the bosch part on the web looked similarly unmarked?

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm

TomK wrote:To quote Beedub from an old thread on the subject viewtopic.php?t=29674
Beedub wrote:ive just done alittle phone around and was told the later bmw parts are produced by bosche only for bmw so bmw has the rights to the part....
If that is true I guess it's probable the factory that makes these would want all markings off if they were being sold outside of bmw? All the images of the bosch part on the web looked similarly unmarked?
Interesting, could well be right in that case....arrrghhh, don't know what to do now......you gonna fit it anyway and give it a shot? Guess there will be no return if it's been 'used'.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm not sure, I wasn't going to, now I'm thinking I might. :? Z222M did you notice the markings or lack of? Sounds like yours have been fine.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Looks to me as if the identification has been removed on the larger diameter. THe picture on page one is brass couloured where as that section the picture above is silver as if it's been scotch brited off. Has bosch marking on the plug though.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:35 pm

On the connector, just noted that the connector number is slightly different to the BMW one I posted and also BMW one is code A and yours is Code 1......not sure what that means.....

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Yes noticed that too, however I think the connectors are fairly generic across different bosch probes and I guess entirely possible that there are different revisions of it? If as I think it is used for many different applications that might explain why it's ok to have the bosch logo there?
I'd agree with srhutch that's exactly what it looks like to me, been removed off the sensor.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:12 pm

If there's no markings on the sensor itself, how do you know what sensor you have?

These are the ones (LSU 4.9) I have ordered some time ago (for an afr meter project ;) ) from a company that specializes in making AFR meters etc
http://www.14point7.com/products/bosch-lsu-4-9
about £50 each (ex p&p)

it reads 0 258 017 025
connector:

lenght about 100cm from end connector to end sensor:

A quick google shows that these can even be had for as low as £40,- (incl P&P) on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0258017025-Bosc ... 1591674992

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-17025-LSU ... 1644525351

So you can save a considerable amount, especially if you need 2 ;)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:33 pm

GuidoK wrote:If there's no markings on the sensor itself, how do you know what sensor you have?

These are the ones (LSU 4.9) I have ordered some time ago (for an afr meter project ;) ) from a company that specializes in making AFR meters etc
http://www.14point7.com/products/bosch-lsu-4-9
about £50 each (ex p&p)

it reads 0 258 017 025
connector:

lenght about 100cm from end connector to end sensor:

A quick google shows that these can even be had for as low as £40,- (incl P&P) on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0258017025-Bosc ... 1591674992

So you can save a considerable amount, especially if you need 2 ;)
Excellent info and funnily enough just spoke to a chap at finjector.com who are out of stock and can't get any in of the BMW part number (surprise surprise) but gave the part number 0 258 017 025 that you've also mentioned as exactly the same as the BMW one save for the wire is 5cm longer. Even has the same code on the connector as the BMW one. He gets them direct from Bosch Germany with all the markings intact and has them in stock ready to send for £133 delivered, for both, to the UK!
Finally settled on these for definite this time, direct from Bosch so should be totally legit

http://www.finjector.com/verkkokauppa/e ... 0258017025

Polarbert

///M Lambda / o2 sensor

Post by Polarbert » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am

I'm pretty sure my o2 sensor is failing and throwing a check engine light how did these end up working out? I realise this was ages ago so the chap may not even have the motor anymore

AndyBeech

///M Lambda / o2 sensor

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:46 pm

Polarbert wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am I'm pretty sure my o2 sensor is failing and throwing a check engine light how did these end up working out? I realise this was ages ago so the chap may not even have the motor anymore
The chap does still have the motor :wink: Working absolutely fine, no issues since fitting and done a fair bit of mileage since then. Seem to be a lot easier to find now than they used to be as well. Wonder how much the BMW part is these days.......