Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Headlight lwr leveling system

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Joez4

Post by Joez4 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:32 pm

Just fitted a set of sonar 2xcite headlights and have noticed that only the drivers side leveling motor seems to be working, all connections and wiring were double checked before refitting the bumper and all bulbs are working.

I've already checked the two smaller fuses on the lighting circuit and assume that the bigger ones are also fine as previously said all lights work.
No fault codes are stored for this and can't find any option in ista to independently activate the motor only the lights.

Anyone encountered this before and have any ideas before I take the bumper off again and check my old light leveling motor works.
04 2.2i Sapphire Black Roadster

Rucky

Post by Rucky » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

I fitted a set of 2 excites to a previos Z4. I found the wires were just push in on the buld holders and the commons were poor. Ended up soldering all the wires and had no problems after. Doesnt help your motor problem but you might consider checking th earths and bulb holders whikst they are our.
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes