Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water

Alfiedog

Water

Post by Alfiedog » Fri May 10, 2024 8:14 am

Recently fitted a new rear light cluster so I had to remove a few inner trims in the boot to gain access to the nuts etc and I noticed a small but noticeable amount of water right down in the corner below where the rear light is ( driver side)/ impossible to get to . I’m wondering how it has managed to get there as all the boot rubber seal is in place and looks good. I’m thinking if I can get access to underneath right in the corner I should drill a small hole for draining. Just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem? Just to be clear there is absolutely no water in the battery or roof pump area ( bone dry 👍)

Stash36

Water

Post by Stash36 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 pm

You know the light seals have to be pulled inside of the car frame to seal properly, loads of threads on this. If the light has been off and seal not fitted correctly that will be your problem. If that's ok, the side vents can also let water through, replace with new ones. Not easy on drivers side