Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Broke down ...

Busterboo

Broke down ...

Post by Busterboo » Sat May 25, 2024 11:46 am

Yesterday ... my 35iS broke down in busy traffic on dual carriageway emerging from tunnel in centre of Leicester. Long story - 5 hours - short: independent BMW garage before breakdown, "Electronic water pump. See you next week"; BMW Roadside Assist, "Hello, this is your virtual assistant. Please download ... "; my relatively new mobile couldn't manage all data, so I called local BMW AD to handle things; BMW (contracted) recovery driver, "Sorry, Mate, can't help you. You're in a 'live' lane. Call the Police"; "Afternoon, Sir" ... and he and another officer, who arrived in another car necessary to direct/block traffic to allow my now cooled car to be driven wrong way up an adjoining lane, were really helpful. First one even insisted on driving my car "... in case you're photographed and prosecuted"; BMW Assist technician who arrived then was very helpful, too - checked car, called recovery driver, waited for him to arrive and then drove me home, reminding me that I have a free courtesy car, due today.
Vidi, vici, veni