Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Scam?

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
MeinMotorradsZ4

Scam?

Post by MeinMotorradsZ4 » Sat May 25, 2024 5:55 pm

A facelift Z4 that's been for sale in Manchester on AutoTrader for a while has just a appeared on eBay for half the price in Coatbridge, Scotland - the website has nothing on it and satellite/street view on Google Maps shows a rather lowly run of the mill forecourt. I believe whoever is advertising the Z4 and other very high end cars at knockdown prices is pretending to be the dealer in Scotland -be aware.

eBay scam ad https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315390912603 ... R5afsYn2Yw

Original AutoTrader ad https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 08&fromsra

Fady

Scam?

Post by Fady » Sat May 25, 2024 6:55 pm

Yup - scam, as is everything other car including the white E89 which has appeared on eBay very frequently in similar scam listing since first appearing in Autotrader about 6 months ago.

Never understand how people get caught out by this sort of thing - surely you are going to ask to physically see the car prior to any further steps and it's obviously not going to be available for viewing since they don't have it!
E89 28i M Sport Manual
Other Cars: Mercedes Benz E63, X4 M40i

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Scam?

Post by Pondrew » Sat May 25, 2024 7:21 pm

Fady wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:55 pm Never understand how people get caught out by this sort of thing - surely you are going to ask to physically see the car prior to any further steps and it's obviously not going to be available for viewing since they don't have it!
The 'seller' will say they are too busy for viewings and ask for a deposit to 'hold' the car until a more convenient time can be agreed to view. The idea is get a few deposits then disappear.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Beerman

Scam?

Post by Beerman » Sat May 25, 2024 7:48 pm

eBay, Gumtree and Facebook is rife with scam car sales.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Scam?

Post by Zedebee » Sat May 25, 2024 8:03 pm

I have been following this particular car. It pops up on eBay under a different seller every couple of weeks. If you click on “sellers other items” the are hundreds of others listed, far too many for a two bit trader. Scam, scam, scam.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe