Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clean the headlining on a vert

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Bug

Post by Bug » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Anyone here cleaned their headlining and if so what did you use?

Cheers
Dave

Banbury

Post by Banbury » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Used (very diluted) Autoglym Fabric Stain Remover. Although I reckon any decent interior shampoo will work just fine. Applied with a nice clean microfibre. And then another one to remove any dampness. note: I also (gently) vacuum the headlining first though. There are some Pro Detailers on the forum who are much more up to date of the latest cleaning gear who will have more insight than me :)

prod1

Re: Clean the headlining on a vert

Post by prod1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:40 am

More info might help, are you trying to get rid of a specific mark or odour?

AG interior cleaner is pretty good and easy to get hold of, it has good cleaning and odour eliminating properties, best used by either diluting the solution in a bucket of clean warm water or by spraying the diluted solution direct onto a sponge, and work well onto the fabric, remember not to much water as it'll go everywhere and could make the headlining sag!

then dry with either a microfiber or a chamois (the only area of a car where you should use a chamois is to wipe down the interior!)

D

"God must love stupid people, he's made so many"

Current ride: Z4 Coupe, Deep Blue on Champagne
E46 M3 Estoril Blue on Red

Bug

Post by Bug » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Banbury wrote:Used (very diluted) Autoglym Fabric Stain Remover. Although I reckon any decent interior shampoo will work just fine. Applied with a nice clean microfibre. And then another one to remove any dampness. note: I also (gently) vacuum the headlining first though. There are some Pro Detailers on the forum who are much more up to date of the latest cleaning gear who will have more insight than me :)
Thanks very much for the info.

Bug

Post by Bug » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 pm

prod1 wrote:More info might help, are you trying to get rid of a specific mark or odour?

AG interior cleaner is pretty good and easy to get hold of, it has good cleaning and odour eliminating properties, best used by either diluting the solution in a bucket of clean warm water or by spraying the diluted solution direct onto a sponge, and work well onto the fabric, remember not to much water as it'll go everywhere and could make the headlining sag!

then dry with either a microfiber or a chamois (the only area of a car where you should use a chamois is to wipe down the interior!)

D
Thanks for the advice, I bought the car second hand and it's just part of a general clean but I wanted to pose the question as
I really wanted to avoid making the headlining sag.