Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Buying a Z4 M Coupe

"M" Specific discussion
Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Buying a Z4 M Coupe

Post by Andy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:06 pm

unless you really have to, dont buy an M without SatNav.. lets prop the market up somehow.. :?
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Andy wrote:unless you really have to, dont buy an M without SatNav.. lets prop the market up somehow.. :?
Good thinking, no way I would.

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Right!

Finances all sorted, just trying to decide which car now! Got the following two deals:

October 56 with 1100 Miles
Black / Black
Bluetooth with Telematics
Hi Fi Speaker System
Navigation Professional
Heated Seats

£32,000 (£3k off list)

May 07 with 5500 Miles
Black / Black
Voice Control
PDC
Navigation Professional
Heated Seats

£33,850 (£1250 off list)

Second car is newer but no hi fi upgrade, first car is a bit older but no miles....however it lacks PDC! What car would you choose and how much should I be able to chip them for? Both say thats their best price...

Color

Post by Color » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:30 pm

mikedav wrote:Right!

Finances all sorted, just trying to decide which car now! Got the following two deals:

October 56 with 1100 Miles
Black / Black
Hi Fi Speaker System
Navigation Professional
Heated Seats

£32,000 (£3k off list)
I would go for the first, a '56 Z4 M Coupe would be a unique classic car, the dream of every collector! :D

Seriously, I think I would miss the Hi-fi stereo more than the PDC. Maybe the PDC is easier to do an aftermarket install as well?

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:36 pm

LOL :)

I tend to agree with you, though the car is slightly older. Its also down the street whereas the other one is up country....I would never use the voice control, so its a case of PDC vs Hi Fi. Dealer has quoted £504 inc VAT for PDC install! I think not..is it tricky to reverse with poor visibility?

Color

Post by Color » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:49 pm

mikedav wrote:LOL :)

..is it tricky to reverse with poor visibility?
I would not know, I have the roadster :D

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:42 pm

mikedav wrote:LOL :)

I tend to agree with you, though the car is slightly older. Its also down the street whereas the other one is up country....I would never use the voice control, so its a case of PDC vs Hi Fi. Dealer has quoted £504 inc VAT for PDC install! I think not..is it tricky to reverse with poor visibility?
Yup, it's a PITA to reverse. The C-pillars unfortunately block a lot of the rear view. I usually back-in park in a parking lot so that it's easier to get out when I leave the area(i.e. don't have to reverse to get out).

I would have considered PDC... if they offered it here in the Americas.
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Kirk

Post by Kirk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:15 pm

My parking skills are pretty awful, so PDC for me is a must :lol: . There's black coupe at Sytners in the cars coming section that has a good spec. Not sure whether you've called them.

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Which Sytner? Nottingham?

Been browsing again and quite a few seem to lack PDC so not too worried...

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:48 pm

I'd go for the newer one, and wouldn't be without PDC. I now rely on it heavily, and when in the mini have to switch my brain on. I'd also think you can squeeze the stealer a bit more, i gave 33.7 for mine with only 2.5k on it and 2 tone leather almost 2 months ago, you should be able to get him down to £32k or a bit more. I'd give him your final offer and then let him stew on it.

Good luck whatever you go for, some kids just stopped me outside Sainsburys with "that is one sick car dude", I thought I'd been teleported to the bronxs, luckily I blinked and was still in Manchester :thumbsup: .

I treated them to a bit of a smoker from the carpark, sad I know but the sooner the contis have gone the sooner my 19's arrive.
Aston V8V

Kirk

Post by Kirk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:22 pm

mikedav wrote:Which Sytner? Nottingham?

Been browsing again and quite a few seem to lack PDC so not too worried...
From memory, yes. It's POA'd. Sytner usually do good deals.

You could try test parking the car and see how you get on. Whatever you decide, it is an awesome car.

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Cheers for all the help guys
Kirk wrote:
From memory, yes. It's POA'd. Sytner usually do good deals.

You could try test parking the car and see how you get on. Whatever you decide, it is an awesome car.
Thats the second car I listed....they want £34,995 but have got down to the price shown. But I can't seem to budge him anymore :( I think as said I will value the Hifi more than PDC day to day, rely on it heavily in my M3 but sure I would get used to not having it again

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:02 pm

mikedav, how long are you thinking of keeping it for? With the ludicrously expensive warranty renewals, the newer car might make more sense.

Kirk

Post by Kirk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Whoops, sorry about that. Must read posts more carefully. Call Sytner and tell them what you want to pay and that you'll be right up (?) on the day if they are willing meet your price on the phone. See what happens. One other idea...I managed to find a friendly salesman who gave me a rundown of the cars listed on the internal BMW auction site (where dealers, like Dick Lowett, buy all their BMW UK Z4M coupes). Got my deposit in before the car was seen by anyone else - and got a very good deal.

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Wondermike wrote:mikedav, how long are you thinking of keeping it for? With the ludicrously expensive warranty renewals, the newer car might make more sense.
I know what you mean, it just expired on the M3. Never kept a car more than 18 months so won't come to renewal stage on this one.
Kirk wrote:I managed to find a friendly salesman who gave me a rundown of the cars listed on the internal BMW auction site (where dealers, like Dick Lowett, buy all their BMW UK Z4M coupes). Got my deposit in before the car was seen by anyone else - and got a very good deal.
Thats a great idea, I know such a guy...thanks