Is my dealer trustworthy after today?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Curtis

Re: Is my dealer trustworthy after today?

Post by Curtis » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 pm

That's why I service all my cars myself. Better quality workmanship and a lot cheaper. It doesn't effect your warranty either but that's a whole other story. :wink:

inTgr8r

Re:

Post by inTgr8r » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 am

takedown8 wrote:................
The stupid thing is, the oil change alone would have been $115, but with these additional inspections as part of the "oil service", the price came out to $158. That means I paid $43 for them to not check the tire pressures, to not fill them with air, and to check things that I could have either done myself (tire wear) or had another mechanic probably check for free. This is just so that they can reset my indicator.

Stealers suck! BTW, the service manager told me that Inspection I costs $590. If I make it to 47000km within my warranty period, that'll be worth the trip to Buffalo, that's for sure.
It sucks when you don't feel you can trust them....

I guess I'm a little on the paranoid side too;
When I had the 1200 mile service done on mine,
I marked the drain plugs on the tranny & diff so that I could tell if they were serviced :oops: (they were)

Re: Inspection I... you can get most of that done & signed off by an independent tech.
Not only will you save mega$, you'll know it's done right.

azroadie

Re: Is my dealer trustworthy after today?

Post by azroadie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:41 pm

Now I'm nervous about switching dealerships when I move this month. I really trust my dealer (Zimbrick BMW in Madison, WI). They are truely wonderful. If fact, Rob (my usual technician) typically pulls me back to the repair area to show me what he's doing or has done. He even wrote down part numbers and instructions for doing things such as oil changes should I choose to do so in between the ones covered under warranty. Too bad I won't be able to drive back to Wisconsin from Arizona when I need work on my Z 8)
Supercharged Metallic Grey 2003 2.5i Z4 roadster, Sport, Premium, convenience, DICE Ipod, tinted winows, xenon, heated seats, clear bra, Falken FK452s, Supersprint Race Exhaust, modified CDV, ESS TS2 Supercharger