Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello everyone

First port of call for new members
Bmw Enthusiast

Hello everyone

Post by Bmw Enthusiast » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:37 pm

Been enjoying the learning too. Followed Bigwinns excellent guide on replacing the front struts. Concerns were on getting that lower bolt out and the strut out of the knuckle. My 339nm impact wrench had no impact on the lower bolt. With some heat gun application, big breaker bar and the impact once it started to turn all was well. The strut just dropped out of the knuckle.....think the percussion of the impact helped with this. Other side awaits.
Thanks for all the comments and humour so far. Think I'm becoming obsessed with the car.....qualification for a life long forum member I hope!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Hello everyone

Post by Pondrew » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:13 pm

Bmw Enthusiast wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:37 pm Followed Bigwinns excellent guide on replacing the front struts.
He's a very good lad, is Stuart. Well he put up with my constant wittering for nearly a whole day, anyway, which is more than most can manage. :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!