Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Things drivers do that make you go ummm!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:09 pm

So what are the things other drivers do that wind you up, just the little things that make you think why?

The car in front approaching a red traffic light, stops and then pulls forward a few feet and stops again, it really gets to me, just stop at the line 1st time!

Motorway drivers with nothing in front of them that can’t take their foot off the accelerator without touching the brake pedal.

And not using the full length of the slip road to join a duel carriageway/motorway, I’ve even seen them stopping the second they reach the broken white line, nothing at all in front of them.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

jock156

Post by jock156 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:12 pm

People who pull out in front of you and make you brake!!!!!!!

They can clearly see their movement will affect my driving! Boils my piss! :evil:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:28 pm

Drivers on the motorway that over take and pull in too close so I have to brake to keep my distance
Middle lane hogs doing 65mph
People in petrol stations that fill up and then spend ages buying up half the shop
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:31 pm

Drivers that pull out and indicate at the same time on motorways
Drivers that even though I have given fair warning indicating refuse to move over to let me out grrrrrrr! Making me brake.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

darich

Post by darich » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:36 pm

Approaching a roundabout intending to go straight on but indicating right because they're passing an exit.

Who the hell teaches folk that??? :driving:
Previously 2004 Sterling Grey E85 3.0SE
Currently 2007 Silver Grey E86 M Sport
Instagram - Zed4Coupe

obewan

Post by obewan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:05 pm

This thread is going to give the 'pop quiz - the revenge' a run for its money! :rofl:
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:42 pm

Folk who can see cars joining a dual carriageway and stay in the inside lane making them brake or accelerate, when the outside lane is empty.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:06 pm

Meeting a car on a narrow road. Pulling into a layby and flashing them to come ahead. 10 seconds later they finally spot you, pull over and flash you to go ahead.

Conversely, the people who seem to have paid a premium for their momentum: pull into a passing place as you approach them, but keep rolling and are coming back out onto the road before you even get there.

Oh and school run mums in massive 4x4s who refuse to pull over onto the slightest patch of dirt but expect me to drive my zed into the verge to give them more room.

(With numbers 2 and 3 I now stop without squeezing over and wait until they back up/move over.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:27 pm

People who sit in the middle lane at a set speed for bloody ages and then speed up because you’re going past them in the outside lane but not driving that much faster than them. Does my head in, didn’t know I had an inbuilt Star Trek style ‘tractor beam’ :headbang:

People throwing rubbish out of the windows, especially cigarette butts.

People who are lost that think it’s acceptable to drive at 15 miles an hour slowing down to a stop and peering down every side road, especially on a national speed limit country road.

Idiots who sit six inches off your bumper, even though they can see there’s traffic in front of you.

It’s endless, don’t start me on cyclists pedestrians and horse riders :fuelfire:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

coldel

Post by coldel » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:47 pm

People joining a three lane A road and nearly causing pile ups because of their utter desperation to get into the middle lane. Then once there, drive below the speed limit. The A3 near me near Surbiton etc. is terrible for this.

Traffic lights which are two lanes the the outside lane can go either ahead or right. And when someone sits there without an indicator on then as the light goes green, pop it on to turn right and inch forward a bit, and blocking everyone behind them who want to go straight on.

Tailgaters!
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:17 pm

Old people in Z4s! :headbang:

Oh hang on that's everybody on here! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:17 pm Old people in Z4s! :headbang:

Oh hang on that's everybody on here! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Except you. Halfway there, but no Z4\
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:15 pm

obewan wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:05 pm Middle lane hogs doing 65mph
Definitely the middle lane hogger, many years ago when I was towing a caravan (no doubt that will be on someone’s list) there was another caravan in front of me, middle lane, about 3am in the morning and hardly a sole on the motorway, I pulled into the middle lane behind him leaving my indicator on, no way was he moving over doing 50mph, several flashes of my lights, nothing, so not being allowed in the outside lane it was back into the inside lane and past on the inside (no doubt again on someone’s list 😁) kept checking my mirrors and he was still sat there until he was out of sight.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:52 pm

People in their Ferrari when you're gut feeling is its a Z3 :lol:

Tailgating.

People not giving way to oncoming traffic forcing you into the curb.

Cyclists going through a red light.

Tim.

PDJ

Post by PDJ » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:03 pm

Drivers that join a busy motorway from the slip road and forcefully push their way to the outermost lane Lane 3 or 4 and then end up at the same speed as everyone else.