Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can you recommend someone in the Midlands?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
hsyben

Post by hsyben » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:33 pm

My E85 has sprung a leak into the interior and the carpet is soaking wet. I don't have a garage so can anyone recommend someone in the Worcester/Midlands area who might fix the leak and dry the carpets for me, please?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:12 pm

I can help find and fix the leak for you- but I am Lincoln way
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

hsyben

Post by hsyben » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:50 pm

That's a very kind offer, thanks.

You are over 2 hours away so I'll see whether I can find someone closer. If not, though, please can I get back to you?
Hugh

hsyben

Post by hsyben » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:39 pm

So, I found a good one-man-band who sorted my leak out. Turns out that it wasn't the door seal, it was to blocked roof drains. Despite my previous garage telling me that they had cleaned the drains they were both blocked solid up to the top. My guy had to take off the soft top to get enough access to clean them out. Glad I didn't attempt it myself.

colb

Post by colb » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:55 pm

If you look under the car just in front of the rear wheels you will see the drains, usually covered with a rubber valve cap that allows the water to drain. Best practice is to remove these rubbers to prevent future blocking and rod the drain out using something like a net curtain wire or thickish strimmer wire that wont bend so easily. Rod the drain from underneath, you can pour a jug of water down from the top to ensure they are clear. Well worth doing a couple of times a year especially on the left side as the roof motor lives in there and can get submerged and cause it to fail, best to move the motor/pump to the boot so it can't get wet but that's another job that the brave take on, Alan Number5 on here is the expert for roof and relocation, based in Bristol and can do the job for a very decent price.
See a previous post on this with some photos here
viewtopic.php?t=126717&hilit=drain+roof+drain
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url