Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Exhaust mods

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
gianni_cauchi

Exhaust mods

Post by gianni_cauchi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 am

Big hello to my fellow BMW enthusiasts! I am looking to buy my first e85 2.0i Z4, and whilst stock exhaust has a nice subtle note to it, I would really love the completely extra, and absurdly clamorous pops and bangs coming out of my engine. At the end of the day isn't that what driving a bmw is all about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was wondering whether any of you would know how to get those lovely crackles? Whether it's a chiptune or aftermarket exhaust etc...

The N46 engine used in these 2L is supposedly the exact same as those used in the NA e90 320i, and I've seen multitudinous 320s shoot crackles and bangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ar0Rqb6oqI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJHI52whvzw

Thanks for your help!

brillomaster

Exhaust mods

Post by brillomaster » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 pm

if you must, it'll likely be an aftermarket exhaust, decats and a map that dumps extra fuel in off throttle.

easier to achieve with a turbocharged car, but possible with naturally aspirated too.

ps dont think you'll get many advocates here of what you're wanting to do... noise just for the sake of noise is considered somewhat antisocial...

gianni_cauchi

Exhaust mods

Post by gianni_cauchi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:11 pm

cats on road cars here in malta are absolutely mandatory so i'll stick to an exhaust and see what it gets me

gianni_cauchi

Exhaust mods

cats on road cars here in malta are absolutely mandatory so i'll stick to an exhaust and see what it gets me

gianni_cauchi

Exhaust mods

gianni_cauchi

Exhaust mods

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Exhaust mods

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Gianni. :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can get your Z4 sounding how you want, but don't forget we'd like to see photos of it!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black