Anyone got Sky Glass?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Scubaregs » Sat May 04, 2024 5:08 pm

As promised to SWMBO lounge is getting done up. Decorated, new flooring, old non working gas fire removed, new sofa and an electric fire/media wall being put in.

Have a 55 inch tv but getting space in the media wall to accept a 65 inch. We have an Orbitsound soundbar and original plan was to get a cut out for it on the media wall, this though leaves the problem of what to do with the speaker.

So thinking of 65 inch Sky Glass tv as no need for sky box and built in soundbar and 6 speakers. My current deal ends shortly and goes up £16 a month, can get a deal with Sky Glass whereas it only goes up circa £4 a month over the 18 month contract.

Question is, does anyone currently have Glass and is it a good tv and good system?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 pm

Well.......................... SWMBO decided she wanted it. So away she went and got it.
Then it spent all its time buffering, so we had to upgrade to full fibre. :roll:
Now it works perfectly well.................... for me......................... it cannot understand a Scottish accent. :rofl:

All I hear is "Hello Sky.................. HELLO SKY.......................... HELLO SKY.......................... HELLO FECKIN' SKY........................."

At which point I quietly walk in, say "Hello Sky" in a quiet and reasonable voice, tell it which programme the angry Scots woman wants to watch, and smugly leave the room.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Scubaregs » Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm

My BB speed is really good, so not worried about that.
How is it for picture ands sound quality?

Image Image

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm My BB speed is really good, so not worried about that.
Pretty good tbh.
We don't have any fancy sound bars, but sometimes when there are dogs barking 'stage left' our two go hurtling off to look for them

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Scubaregs » Sat May 04, 2024 6:06 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm My BB speed is really good, so not worried about that.
Pretty good tbh.
We don't have any fancy sound bars, but sometimes when there are dogs barking 'stage left' our two go hurtling off to look for them
There is a soundbar built in, par of the attraction as we would not have to have an aperture for one in the media wall.

Image Image

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:06 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm
Pretty good tbh.
There is a soundbar built in, par of the attraction as we would not have to have an aperture for one in the media wall.
Yes, I am no technophile so didn't really know if it was any good or not.
I'll be honest, I hardly switch the thing on anyway. Far better ways to spend my time.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Scubaregs » Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm

Get your wife to write me a review then. :rofl:

Image Image

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Nanu » Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 pm

Just one question which may sound stupid but, does the Sky Glass TV work if you no longer want the Sky contract and for instance get a better deal from Virgin Media?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 04, 2024 9:01 pm

Nanu wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 pm Just one question which may sound stupid but, does the Sky Glass TV work if you no longer want the Sky contract and for instance get a better deal from Virgin Media?
Probably find then it’s a glass half empty

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Scubaregs » Sat May 04, 2024 9:55 pm

Nanu wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 pm Just one question which may sound stupid but, does the Sky Glass TV work if you no longer want the Sky contract and for instance get a better deal from Virgin Media?
I imagine it would work as your Virgin box would be plugged into the tv as normal, but if I'm thinking of going ahead I'll be asking sky.

Image Image

Stevo1987

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Stevo1987 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:11 pm

No, I haven't.
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by TitanTim » Sat May 04, 2024 11:04 pm

My brother has it and says he's pleased with it.

This is my set up, BBC1, BBC2 and ITV :thumbsup:

Just need an indoor aerial.

Tim.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by MikeyH » Sat May 04, 2024 11:14 pm

Virgin meh. It’s crap, avoid. I know we are in Devon but really, it’s bloody useless, okay if you are hard wired but wireless is hopeless.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

DonDon

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by DonDon » Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am

I nearly got Sky Glass, but the TV didn't then have Bluetooth audio, which was a deal breaker and an astonishing omission. I don't know if that has been sorted.

When my Sky Q developed a fault, i swapped it for Sky Stream. I assume that is the same software as Sky Glass. The picture quality is very good, but there are lots of annoying bugs in the software. I expect that they will eventually get fixed.

I have 80/20 broadband and achieve ~70Mb download. I checked before and during watching a UHD program and the speed just dropped by 5Mb.

If you want a combined unit then it may be a good solution, but there are MUCH better TVs out there.
2013 E89 28i auto

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone got Sky Glass?

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 05, 2024 9:53 am

My Brother in law had glass - dumped after two weeks, great if its only him at home, as soon as the kids arrive and started taking up bandwidth, it become crap and just buffered
Last edited by Ole gits rule on Wed May 08, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Use the link to gain £50 credit when you sign up to Octopus energy - https://share.octopus.energy/alive-raven-300