Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Red Mist

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Animal

Red Mist

Post by Animal » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm

How do owners get on with Dodo juice Red Mist ?

I used this stuff for the first time and found it smeary that bad i used megs gold class wax on the bonnet to remove the smears.

It does say not to be used on freshly waxed bodywork but mine was waxed 3 weeks ago.

It supposed to create a extra shine i did'nt notice any change.

2007 Z4 MC Ruby Black,Champagne Leather,Sat Nav,Heated Seats,Piano Black Dash,Bluetooth,Stubby,Privacy Film,Intravee & Alpine,CSL's,Cruise,Aero Skirts,Remus,Eibach Pro Kit

scottbt

Re: Red Mist

Post by scottbt » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Red mist is high in solvent content so is a pita to work with in hotter temps Paul. The tropical version is better for warmer times of year. I dont get on with it either. Its nothing down to you or the wax its just one of those products that you either like or loath.
High gloss loving rotarian with a love of things all perfect and glossy.

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Tropical is better but needs more work than a standard rapid Detailer........

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Never tried it myself, but would agree with the above comments, as I've heard its quite a "greasy" product.
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

playalistic

Red Mist

Post by playalistic » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I tried it and went back to the serious performance QD. It's a toss up between the SP and the poorboys QD+ for me these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Have used it and thought it was pretty good, although will probably stick with Poorboys QD+.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

Dr Phibes

Post by Dr Phibes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 am

Another :thumbsup: for Poorboys QD+
Excellent stuff and so easy to work with.

I do like Red Mist too though. If you applied it to the car when the panel was hot then that is why it was a pain to buff. Try it when the panels are cool to the touch and it is much easier to work with. Smells good too !

.Sterling Grey / Sat Nav / Hi Fi / Heated Leather / Bern 710's.

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 am

Actually, Animal, when are you applying it? I spray mine after rinse / before drying. Should be washing the car today / tomorrow so I'll give it another go.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Animal

Post by Animal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I did it in the garage after i cleaned the dust off.

Tomorrow it needs a clean so i will try your method.

Thanks

2007 Z4 MC Ruby Black,Champagne Leather,Sat Nav,Heated Seats,Piano Black Dash,Bluetooth,Stubby,Privacy Film,Intravee & Alpine,CSL's,Cruise,Aero Skirts,Remus,Eibach Pro Kit

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:51 pm

How'd you get on?

Gave mine a quick wash this morning... in the sun! Rinsed and a quick Red Mist spray all round before drying and..

:)

Think we need a photo of yours too!

willowZ4C

Post by willowZ4C » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Sorry im missing something here ? Red Mist is amazing product and smells nice to. I use very very little. In fact a 250ml tropical has lasted me nearly 2 years Spray it on the cloth and use it sparingly. About 15 sprays for the whole car. Your probably putting too much on. I use it after washing and drying just to get rid of those last minute water marks.

Amazing Product. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

scottbt

Post by scottbt » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:15 am

The main thing being missed is that Animals Z4 M coupe is ruby black and no disrespect but the guys defending it own light / silver colours which you can use anything and it works on tbh. The high solvent content causes it to dry way too quickly and in result, smearing appears. You can apply the product again and this hould remove it or do what I did and chuck it in the bin. Tropical is far better for working times but as for after wash lsp / spray wax / sealants I rate Zaino Z8, Scholl concepts SW20 and Permanon car supershine which is sold as Gtechnic C2 but the first 2 are my favourites as im not all that into this nano sealant cobblers much. Tried and used redmist many a time before sacking it off as being a Dodo Authorised Detailer, I had it in mind set that all products must be used but there are a few that I just dont gel with.

willowZ4C

Post by willowZ4C » Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 am

|I have used this on my mums black Z3 and still gives stirling results.Go easy on it, it still works awesome in bright sunshine. A decent microfibre with a touch of red mist on the cloth. Perfect !

scottbt

Post by scottbt » Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 am

Its one of them products that you either get on with or dont. Even using it a lot and trying different techniques to hone the products best working way got rough results. I cant have that when clienst are spending with me. It has to be as good as it gets, not second fiddle.