Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recommended body shop in Berkshire?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
jamiez

Recommended body shop in Berkshire?

Post by jamiez » Fri May 20, 2011 9:28 am

Morning!

For a while now I have wanted to get the nose cone/bumper re-sprayed on my car, just never got round to getting it done mainly because I don’t trust any bodyshops!!! I hear far too many nightmare stories and to be honest I cannot be doing with the hassle!

I work in Bracknell but live central London, so I’m thinking I will take the car near work – and to somebody from who has a personal recommendation for. Does not necessarily have to be Bracknell, just somewhere nearby that preferably does wheel refurb also and does not charge the earth.

So – any suggestions?

I saw Minimec on an old episode of Wheeler Dealers and their work looked good - http://www.minimec.co.uk/

I have been quoted £300 for the front bumper and £60 a wheel for full tire off job. This is from a place in putney, but im not 100% about the place as whilst it regularly has high end cars outside, they operate from a car wash and do the work around their day job....hummmm...

Would appreciate any feedback or advise

Cheers
Jamie
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

jamiez

Re: Recommended body shop in Berkshire?

Post by jamiez » Fri May 27, 2011 8:43 am

BUMP - anyone???
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Fri May 27, 2011 8:46 am

Imagination Creations (paint shop nr Reading)

I think there are a few others if you look in dealer feedback.
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Fri May 27, 2011 8:46 am

Jamie, is Teddington/Twick too far? Been taking my cars for front and rear bumper resprays for nearly 8 years......they know how fussy I am and of course take the bumpers off etc, where some garages leave them on and paint them....

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 am

Nickm wrote:Jamie, is Teddington/Twick too far? Been taking my cars for front and rear bumper resprays for nearly 8 years......they know how fussy I am and of course take the bumpers off etc, where some garages leave them on and paint them....
Not really actually - what kind of prices? and who/where is it?

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Fri May 27, 2011 10:38 am

I normally pay about £250 each end, that's taking the bumper off, and repairing, painting and laquer etc...

Teddington Motors, ask for Steve, and mention my name. I am taking my car over next week to get a price if you want to come along and look at their workshop......

bensz4mc

Post by bensz4mc » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Nick,

I googled Teddington Motors and couldnt find them.. can you send me there contact number/address please?

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 am

Nickm wrote:I normally pay about £250 each end, that's taking the bumper off, and repairing, painting and laquer etc...

Teddington Motors, ask for Steve, and mention my name. I am taking my car over next week to get a price if you want to come along and look at their workshop......

Yea, could be a good shout. Do they also do wheel refurbs?
When you going over?

Refined Detail

Post by Refined Detail » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Sorry if this is a bit late, I'd highly recommend Tom @ Lemass in Chalfont St Peter (yes, Bucks I know, but very much worth the extra bit of travelling)

Tell him I sent you his way and he'll look after you :)

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Steve Teddington Motors 020 8977 2301

Let me know when you guys venture over as I'll like to go too....