Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Travelling to Champagne Region

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
SuZ4

Travelling to Champagne Region

Post by SuZ4 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

After looking at the pics in the recent posts we've decided to have a short trip down to the Champagne region for 3 or 4 days. I've traveled a lot around Europe but its always been A - B as fast as possible and missed most if not all of the scenery etc, this time i'd like to enjoy the travel going in the z4, i know its not a big trip but would appreciate any routes, decent hotels or just stop offs for a coffee etc around that region that anyone's stayed in or traveled on, done the Google search n stuff but it would be good to get tips from like minded driving enthusiasts if you know what i mean :)

cheers

Phil
- Silver Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - CB Aerial & Michelin PS3's

roofless

Re: Travelling to Champagne Region

Post by roofless » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Have tended to drive through but remember Troyes as very pretty, from many moons ago :)
When are you hoping to go?
A visit to a champagne house and Cave is a must i hope ? :)
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

oli445

Post by oli445 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:32 pm

I have just been to Reims on the way to he ring, you HAVE to visit a champagne house! We did the tour of Mumm. 25M bottles of champes in the cellar we walked around! :D

ChawenHalo

Post by ChawenHalo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 am

I used to work for a Champagne house. Make sure you ring them to come a visit. Don't just turn up.You'll find most are opened for visits. If on the phone you insist that you would like to taste all the wines but are happy to pay extra if necessary you'll find that they will not charge you and you will have an amaizing tasting of their range.

Enjoy!
Z4MC. ACS CF diffuser silencers side skits. Pagid RS29 & Goodridge. Gruppe M Bilstein B16PSS10 H&R ARBS. Delage Sport chassis. MPS2. Audi A8 4.2TDI 2008 runabout.

Raify

Post by Raify » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 am

I've just come back from a track day at Ecuyers, and stayed in Chateau Thierry.

I found a great spot for a halfway stop-off in Saint-Quentin: http://www.villadisle.com/

Delicious food, massive terrace out the back and it's only about 10mins from the A26 autoroute.
Z4M Coupe - Imola Red 2006 sold. What next?

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:54 am

Stayed here last week, food excellent, hotel nice, backs onto the river, very scenic. http://www.logishotels.com/en/hotel-Hot ... -9311.html

SuZ4

Post by SuZ4 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for the input folks, nice hotels, should be going in the next few weeks, we WILL be visiting a champagne house :thumbsup: :dizzy:

once again thanks :thumbsup:
- Silver Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - CB Aerial & Michelin PS3's