Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2004 3.0i Roadster with 108s and M seats for sale!

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Mr Whippy

Re: 2004 3.0i Roadster with 108s and M seats for sale!

Post by Mr Whippy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am

That is a very good price for the car!

I guess it's just a matter of waiting for a buyer rather than anything wrong with it per se.

Similar spec to mine too. I'm almost on 90k, just about to have insp 1, 2004 car, red m-sport seats, same general spec/options.

I'd want £7000 for mine, so I think you are not far off at all on price...

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

stjohnsmythe

Post by stjohnsmythe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 am

chrisba wrote:Thanks.

Any chance of a close up of the wear please?
Sure, I'll get a pic taken for you tonight.

stjohnsmythe

Post by stjohnsmythe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:09 pm

stjohnsmythe wrote:
chrisba wrote:Thanks.

Any chance of a close up of the wear please?
Sure, I'll get a pic taken for you tonight.

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:14 pm

If you decide to sell the seats, I have black sport seats (exact same shape as yours) only difference they are not heated and manually adjusted :P or you can have my original heated leather seats again in black.

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:31 am

I wouldn't sell the seats.

I think the car is worth what you want all day long with standard seats. What I think is that m-sports make it more easy to sell. The fact it isn't even with those is worrying!

Selling them might make the car impossible to sell.

Cripes, if these cars are only worth that now, I'm keeping mine forever...

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

chrisba

Post by chrisba » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Mr Whippy wrote:I wouldn't sell the seats.

I think the car is worth what you want all day long with standard seats. What I think is that m-sports make it more easy to sell. The fact it isn't even with those is worrying!

Dave
Might be an idea to get the headlight re-sealed. Maybe a bit of leather treatment on the seats.

Only small things but (coming from a prospective buyer) its something small that could make people think it's not been looked after even if it's not the case.

It's a bargain car, you can't drop the price any more. Not for me unfortunately but a good buy none the less.

GLWTS! :thumbsup:
Add your name to the "Welsh Members" thread here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59289

stjohnsmythe

Post by stjohnsmythe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm

chrisba wrote:

Dave
Might be an idea to get the headlight re-sealed. Maybe a bit of leather treatment on the seats.

Only small things but (coming from a prospective buyer) its something small that could make people think it's not been looked after even if it's not the case.

It's a bargain car, you can't drop the price any more. Not for me unfortunately but a good buy none the less.

To be fair the seats are in excellent shape and I've already conditioned them. The picture was taken with a flash hence why they might appear a bit shiny.

I haven't had time to get the seal for the headlight.

Something I've found over the years is a lot of buyers expect a brand new car for a second hand price. I'm not having a go but I can pretty much guarantee that any Z4 you buy second hand will need something doing to it no matter how small. The only way to avoid this is to buy a brand new car.

If you read the advert you can see how well it's been looked after. The car only came out of extended BMW warranty a few months ago. I got the main dealer to print out a list of all the warranty work it's had done when I had the Inspection 1. It's wanted for absolutely nothing all of it's life.

chrisba

Post by chrisba » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

stjohnsmythe wrote:
chrisba wrote:

Dave

To be fair the seats are in excellent shape and I've already conditioned them. The picture was taken with a flash hence why they might appear a bit shiny.

I haven't had time to get the seal for the headlight.

Something I've found over the years is a lot of buyers expect a brand new car for a second hand price. I'm not having a go but I can pretty much guarantee that any Z4 you buy second hand will need something doing to it no matter how small. The only way to avoid this is to buy a brand new car.

If you read the advert you can see how well it's been looked after. The car only came out of extended BMW warranty a few months ago. I got the main dealer to print out a list of all the warranty work it's had done when I had the Inspection 1. It's wanted for absolutely nothing all of it's life.
I think you've taken my post the wrong way mate.

I wasn't implying for a second that your's hasn't been looked after, quite the opposite.

It looks a very nice example at a fantastic price.

The point you've made about buyers expecting a brand new car for second hand price is pretty much exactly the point i was making. The light seal especially is such a simple and cheap job but is very noticeable to a prospective buyer. Maybe enough to make someone look elsewhere to another example that doesn't have any visible problems.
Add your name to the "Welsh Members" thread here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59289

MR BLACK

Post by MR BLACK » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:05 pm

pm sent
E85 roadster 3.0i with Aero kit and 19" csl reps :driving: