Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tapatalk - Disabled

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Tapatalk - Disabled for the time being

Post by inkey$ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Any news on this? I have important declarations and photographs not related to Z4s that I need to efficiently post :lol:
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Terryvision » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:29 pm

inkey$ wrote:Any news on this? I have important declarations and photographs not related to Z4s that I need to efficiently post :lol:
I did post the issue on the tapatalk users forum regarding spam, it also appears that the TT forum is having the same issues, tapatalk did comment and said they would contact the forum owners, but tapatalk has now locked/deleted the posting! :thumbsdown:

Clearly tapatalk really doesn't care much for criticism :?

Tapatalk response(s)

The API will definitely get abused as it is programmatically easier to make new post. Theoretically it is the same level of protection as an website - in any case the team has started monitoring the spams as indeed we are getting more than it should. We are working on a way to identify an API call is indeed coming from the Tapatalk app and hopefully this can make it a lot harder to spammer to abuse it.

An update from our forum admin to confirm that the spammers are actually registering from the desktop, now we added additional tracking to see if they are posting from Tapatalk API... Will keep you posted.

29 posts, 16 of them spam on the TT forums this morning.

The last Tapatalk post was:

Im personally fighting against this spam in our forum. One thing I can ensure is that this spam does not come from TT plugin. I do a modified version of the plugin with lot of log files to know if spammers come from our app, and I can confirm the spam is from web

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Terryvision wrote:
inkey$ wrote:Any news on this? I have important declarations and photographs not related to Z4s that I need to efficiently post :lol:
I did post the issue on the tapatalk users forum regarding spam, it also appears that the TT forum is having the same issues, tapatalk did comment and said they would contact the forum owners, but tapatalk has now locked/deleted the posting! :thumbsdown:

Clearly tapatalk really doesn't care much for criticism :?

Tapatalk response(s)

The API will definitely get abused as it is programmatically easier to make new post. Theoretically it is the same level of protection as an website - in any case the team has started monitoring the spams as indeed we are getting more than it should. We are working on a way to identify an API call is indeed coming from the Tapatalk app and hopefully this can make it a lot harder to spammer to abuse it.

An update from our forum admin to confirm that the spammers are actually registering from the desktop, now we added additional tracking to see if they are posting from Tapatalk API... Will keep you posted.

29 posts, 16 of them spam on the TT forums this morning.

The last Tapatalk post was:

Im personally fighting against this spam in our forum. One thing I can ensure is that this spam does not come from TT plugin. I do a modified version of the plugin with lot of log files to know if spammers come from our app, and I can confirm the spam is from web
Cheers for the update. Looks like a waiting game then whilst they attempt to get their act together.
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:28 am

Been a bit pants without Tapatalk. But I'm actually enjoying readin threads as they appear, you know, properly.

Lack of ability to post pics easily from yer phone is a bit pants though... #justsayin
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Terryvision » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 am

Just tried to log into tapatalk community and I've been told I'm banned and all my posts have been removed!!

Now that's disappointing :lol:

si-forks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by si-forks » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Adamski wrote:Been a bit pants without Tapatalk. But I'm actually enjoying readin threads as they appear, you know, properly.

Lack of ability to post pics easily from yer phone is a bit pants though... #justsayin
+1 it's a pain in the rear. It appears that the subject is closed all quiet on the mobile version to :(
E85 Z4R 3.0si 2006 current:
Audi A3 saloon TFSI DD
Harley Davidson FLH 1969

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Terryvision wrote:Just tried to log into tapatalk community and I've been told I'm banned and all my posts have been removed!!

Now that's disappointing :lol:
You must have touched a nerve. Ouch!
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 pm

si-forks wrote:
Adamski wrote:Been a bit pants without Tapatalk. But I'm actually enjoying readin threads as they appear, you know, properly.

+1 it's a pain in the rear. It appears that the subject is closed all quiet on the mobile version to :(
Mobile version is coming, but these things take time. You might not believe this but z4-forum admin is not my full time job
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Terryvision » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:33 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
si-forks wrote:

Mobile version is coming, but these things take time. You might not believe this but z4-forum admin is not my full time job
We all love the z4-forum and appreciate your hard work keeping it safe... :thumbsup:

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:54 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
si-forks wrote:

We love your work boss. Appreciate your efforts

si-forks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by si-forks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:10 am

Sp3ctre:Sorry didnt mean to be an arse :oops:
Love the forum and appreciate all your hard work :D
E85 Z4R 3.0si 2006 current:
Audi A3 saloon TFSI DD
Harley Davidson FLH 1969

JAD

Post by JAD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:58 am

Is there anything the general forum members can do here, Spectre? I am a member of quite a few forums, Cliosport being one - the admin on there are mainly IT full time guys and appear to steamroller any issues in 24 hours (no disrespect to your IT skills, of course) - perhaps I could post up and ask the question about help/pointers?

As said, keen to help if I can.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:23 am

JAD wrote:Is there anything the general forum members can do here, Spectre? I am a member of quite a few forums, Cliosport being one - the admin on there are mainly IT full time guys and appear to steamroller any issues in 24 hours (no disrespect to your IT skills, of course) - perhaps I could post up and ask the question about help/pointers?

Hi,

Thanks for the offer but we're not going to be going back to TT. I am working on getting the mobile friendly site sorted then we'll be rolling it out in a week or two.

Jim
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

JAD

Post by JAD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 am

sp3ctre wrote:
JAD wrote:Is there anything the general forum members can do here, Spectre? I am a member of quite a few forums, Cliosport being one - the admin on there are mainly IT full time guys and appear to steamroller any issues in 24 hours (no disrespect to your IT skills, of course) - perhaps I could post up and ask the question about help/pointers?

Hi,

Thanks for the offer but we're not going to be going back to TT. I am working on getting the mobile friendly site sorted then we'll be rolling it out in a week or two.

Jim
Ah perfect, thanks Jim.

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Tapatalk - Disabled

Post by inkey$ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Jim, I think I speak for all in saying how happy we are to hear you're on the case in your valuable spare time :thumbsup:
Look forward to hearing more on the mobile friendly Z4F.