Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello - Z4M Coupe in Alpine White

First port of call for new members
LostBoy_84

Post by LostBoy_84 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Welcome

Nice and rare in white, hope you enjoy it. Where about are you if you're having it shipped?
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

AlpineZ4M

Post by AlpineZ4M » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm

I don't like black wheels either, on anything. Still not sure what I'm going to do with them. If they were black from the factory then I'll take them off, stash, and replace with these - http://www.cmwheels.com/index.php?route ... uct_id=912 which are also like mustard to most! Part of me just wants to buy CSL reps to redeem myself for spending stupid money on real ones for the M3... if that makes any sense!

I'm in the Channel Islands. Don't usually post online at all so that's enough info for now :)

MattHall91

Post by MattHall91 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Welcome OP! Car sounds awesome.

Very interested to hear more about your 987 S. Any bore issues or IMS? Would jump on one tomorrow if the odds are favorable.
Now: Diseasal company cars (for now)
Gone: Z4 Coupe 3.0si - Montego Blue

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi and welcome. What a fabulous looking car ! I love the black/white theme and the black/carbon interior. The tail pipes look shocking though and seriously need some tlc ! :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

AlpineZ4M

Post by AlpineZ4M » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:57 pm

MattHall91 wrote:Welcome OP! Car sounds awesome.

Very interested to hear more about your 987 S. Any bore issues or IMS? Would jump on one tomorrow if the odds are favorable.
The Cayman is an incredible package. Razor sharp handling and wonderfully characteristic engine, excellent gearbox feel, excellent brakes and very comfortable to sit in. Ours is on 95k miles with no IMS issues, we picked it up cheapish and spent £3k bringing it up to scratch. It totally explains what Porsche people harp on about and makes me want a 997 GT3... or GT2... or Turbo, one day.

I would say that it's too lively for a daily, partly because it's so good and just makes you want to play, it's hardly spacious inside either and some of the switchgear is surprisingly poor quality.

I'm fully prepared for the Z to be outclassed by the Porsche in many ways, I hope it's not too uncomfortable, but I'm buying for the manual S54 and rear quarter view anyway! :oops:
Last edited by AlpineZ4M on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlpineZ4M

Post by AlpineZ4M » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:00 pm

patriot66 wrote:Hi and welcome. What a fabulous looking car ! I love the black/white theme and the black/carbon interior. The tail pipes look shocking though and seriously need some tlc ! :thumbsup:

I would have loved an Imola interior and if the seats are too uncomfortable for me I'll find it hard to resist the colour change alongside some extra padding!

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Impressive looking coupe - good find :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

AlpineZ4M

Post by AlpineZ4M » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:04 pm

She's here :)

With those hips it's definitely a girl!

First impressions:

I forgot just how good the S54 is. Love it all over again. That noise up to 8k is intoxicating and it feels like the e46 after an Evolve map and exhaust. The classic rasp from the standard exhaust seems fuller in tone than the M3. The DSC is definitely more relaxed and the car feels very predictable rotating at relatively low speeds on winter roads, I feel much more confident in this already but then to me, the e46 felt big. I'm a lot less keen to tune it now I've finally driven it.

Hate the clutch, I'll use my foot to "protect the transmission" thanks. Will remove the CDV as soon as possible. I'd love to hear the real reasoning behind this in such a car. The gear shift isn't as bad as I was expecting but the Cayman wins easily, hopefully the F10 M5 shifter provides a shorter, sweeter shift. The steering wheel is the best I've grasped, miles ahead of the Cayman. The brakes feel good, shame as I like a fancy calliper but that will 'save' some money on any upgrades for now. The chances of me tracking it are near zero since the Elise hasn't even seen a single lap yet!

The cabin in general feels more luxurious and I much prefer it to the Porsche in everything except places to put stuff. The iPod dock in the centre rear box thing would be great if it wasn't 30-pin but I'm hoping it can a least be converted to Lightning for charging, not too bothered about music in the car but if it's staying I might dig out an old iPod Touch or something because geek. The seats are comfortable and the heating in them works very well indeed! Bluetooth works very well so far, auto lights are nice. DSP is novel but will mostly stay off along with the useless satnav anyway.

Really don't like the black wheels. I think I'll order the bronze CSL reps and new tyres and paint the calipers while I'm at it. 1 new stubby aerial and leave it at that on the outside. All that money saved on superchargers, intakes, cams, airboxes, tuning etc... Easily justifiable, just don't tell the wife 8)

Overall all I'm super happy with it, will be perfect once the stupid valve is removed, the shifter swapped and new wheels, tyres and aerial sorted. It's everything I wanted the M3 to be and unique enough to keep hold of for a long time.

:D

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:08 pm

Looks peachy :) welcome :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:44 pm

very nice, welcome to the exclusive coupe club

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:03 pm

Welcome, I noticed that advert a couple of weeks ago and it made me consider changing cars for a moment..... 8)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Post by hopz121 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Car looks great, i agree on the wheels although i would just refurbish the existing wheels in high power silver and paint the callipers black.

How do you find it compared to the E46? :driving:
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

Sae

Post by Sae » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Nice :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some pics and future mods :)
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

AlpineZ4M

Post by AlpineZ4M » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks Everyone. :thumbsup:

Spent the last few hours going round in circles and ending up looking at second hand genuine CSLs. :headbang: :headbang:

My bravery is wavering on the bronze reps...

AlpineZ4M

Post by AlpineZ4M » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 am

hopz121 wrote:Car looks great, i agree on the wheels although i would just refurbish the existing wheels in high power silver and paint the callipers black.

How do you find it compared to the E46? :driving:
It feels a generation newer than the e46 and much more involving. I was a fan of the SMG, even after a stressful roadside resistor hack involving being stuck in 1st in 30mph rolling London traffic, not fun at the time but redeemed itself since. If I get the chance and the garage space in the next few years I'd like to stash a CS before they boom like the CSLs. Missed a mint ultraviolet 20k miler for £14k 6 months ago, local too :(