Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Evening all... Now with pics!!

First port of call for new members
highway1

Evening all...

Post by highway1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:
DMC63 wrote: Buy a real Z, not one modeled on a Ford Capri. It's a roadster, a sports car. It's meant to have a soft top. You're still be welcome on the forum they have a coupe section, I think it has a resident shrink to help with the psychological problems owning half a sports car brings with it.
Oi, don't be putting the OP off - he hasn't bought one yet!

And the E86 is not modelled on the Ford Capri - it doesn't have (barely usable) back seats! :headbang: That is a job for my 325ti, which like the Capri (had two 2.8 Injections back in the day) was really a RWD Hot Hatch - lovely!

A Roadster may be a "Sports" car, but a Coupe is a "GT" - it just depends on what the OP wants and it is clearly the gentleman's carriage of distinction as he wants more of a roof above his head than he would get in a tent, and doesn't need the aggravation of a drowned roof motor for his pram top! :fuelfire:

I think of the Z4 as a latter day E-Type - made in Roadster and Coupe forms, you just choose the version you prefer (so a Coupe obviously)! :P

Its easy really.. If you want a common car, and one for just poseurs and girls.. then buy a roadster.

If you want a more desirable, less "common" car for men (gentlemen) and proper drivers.. then buy a Coupe.

This is all you need to know.

Evening all...

Post by sticky » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:49 pm

DMC63 wrote:
JohnnyBBM wrote:Got a couple at about £980, and Go Compare listing the Admiral Group best, Bell coming in at £783.

More than I want to pay but I want the car. Man maths with apply, as always :rofl:

Best bite the bullet and put a deposit down then...

Not been this nervous in ages!
Paid £480 for mine with Hastings direct. Fully comp, no claims protected. 9 yrs no claims on another van and car. They originally quoted me £380 but I left it for a week and applied on the day I needed it, needless to say they added £100 just because I needed it that day. They're on par with Estate agents, useless at best. :x Unqualified scum.
Paid £360 with Quote me happy, 4 years no claims

NickDE

Evening all...

Post by NickDE » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Pastry wrote:What Fred said plus it's also the law to change the whippy arial for a stubby! :wink:
Erm, so who is going to enforce this law ?? :thumbsdown:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

DMC63

Evening all...

Post by DMC63 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:27 am

NickDE wrote:
Pastry wrote:What Fred said plus it's also the law to change the whippy arial for a stubby! :wink:
Erm, so who is going to enforce this law ?? :thumbsdown:
Stubby? Eeewwww no thanks....C'mon the jokes over now, stick the original back on your car and give your stubby to someone who collects 80's mobile phones.
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

DMC63

Evening all...

Post by DMC63 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:31 am

highway1 wrote:
Mr Tidy wrote:
DMC63 wrote: Buy a real Z, not one modeled on a Ford Capri. It's a roadster, a sports car. It's meant to have a soft top. You're still be welcome on the forum they have a coupe section, I think it has a resident shrink to help with the psychological problems owning half a sports car brings with it.
Oi, don't be putting the OP off - he hasn't bought one yet!

And the E86 is not modelled on the Ford Capri - it doesn't have (barely usable) back seats! :headbang: That is a job for my 325ti, which like the Capri (had two 2.8 Injections back in the day) was really a RWD Hot Hatch - lovely!

A Roadster may be a "Sports" car, but a Coupe is a "GT" - it just depends on what the OP wants and it is clearly the gentleman's carriage of distinction as he wants more of a roof above his head than he would get in a tent, and doesn't need the aggravation of a drowned roof motor for his pram top! :fuelfire:

I think of the Z4 as a latter day E-Type - made in Roadster and Coupe forms, you just choose the version you prefer (so a Coupe obviously)! :P

Its easy really.. If you want a common car, and one for just poseurs and girls.. then buy a roadster.

If you want a more desirable, less "common" car for men (gentlemen) and proper drivers.. then buy a Coupe.

This is all you need to know.
Buy one of these, it's the same.
Screen Shot 2016-12-24 at 09.31.13.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-24 at 09.31.13.png (930.88 KiB) Viewed 484 times
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

NickDE

Evening all...

Post by NickDE » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:31 pm

DMC63 wrote:give your stubby to someone who collects 80's mobile phones.
:rofl:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

JohnnyBBM

Evening all...

Post by JohnnyBBM » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Mmmmm... Capri :thumbsup:

I've spent a rather productive afternoon perusing the Owner's Manual in preparation for next week :D I do like to be prepared. Also helps making sure everything is in working order when I go to look at it.

When I wasn't wrapping the last few presents or cooking a pretty spectacular dinner that is!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Evening all...

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:35 pm

JohnnyBBM wrote:Mmmmm... Capri :thumbsup:

I've spent a rather productive afternoon perusing the Owner's Manual in preparation for next week :D I do like to be prepared. Also helps making sure everything is in working order when I go to look at it.

When I wasn't wrapping the last few presents or cooking a pretty spectacular dinner that is!
Capris were good in their day, but they ain't no E86 (whatever people on here may tell you)! I ought to know as I've had 2 of each!

Sounds like you must have had a good day - now all you need is to find yourself a special present next week. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JohnnyBBM

Evening all...

Post by JohnnyBBM » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Got her. More pics to follow :thumbsup:

Jollyjoiner

Evening all...

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Nice one, what you get then ? is this a M ??
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Evening all...

Post by Marlon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Teaser pic - its got a Nav, I can tell that much :)
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Jollyjoiner

Evening all...

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Marlon wrote:Teaser pic - its got a Nav, I can tell that much :)
Also looks like a chunky M steering wheel :wink:
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

JohnnyBBM

Evening all...

Post by JohnnyBBM » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Couple more pics. Will take some better ones once my plate has been assigned and I've given her a clean.

3.0 Si Sport, Carbon Black, Nav, Bluetooth, Voice, Heated Seats, 108s, PDC, M Sport Seats/Wheel/Suspension, Bi Colour Silverstone Individual Leather, Xenons...

On the way home...

Can't stop looking at it!

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Very nice, good taste, although I would say that!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Very nice, the Coupe does suit Black so well. 8) :thumbsup: