Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car cover?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
cj_eds

Car cover?

Post by cj_eds » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Does anyone have a car cover they can recommend for the coupe?

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Car cover?

Post by Taz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:31 pm

i got 1 off ebay, a genuine bmw 1, think they are about £120 from dealers

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:38 pm

For internal or external use? I purchased an internal cover which is made specifically for the car and it fits like a glove and is elasticated around the edge. Colour is in black with red piping and the colour combo is what ever you want and you can order different standards of material. Inside the cover is fleece lined and since I've had it I have not had any marks on the paint work.
ImageBlack 06 Z4MC. Mangowalk aerial. C/Fibre spoiler. ZHP Gear stick. Leather Z arm rests. CDV Mod

wegras

Post by wegras » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 pm

BMW Roadster internal garage cover £147 delivered from Joe @Sopers
Sure there will be a coupe version although imagine may fit both.
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

cj_eds

Post by cj_eds » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:28 am

Its for external use. The car is probably going to be left at the in-laws with only occasional use for up to a month or two. Their drive & street parking is underneath some trees and I've seen the result on their cars of the leaves, sap and birds.

Looked at the BMW one but it has a big BMW badge across it doesn't it? Was hoping for something more subtle that doesn't advertise what's underneath. On that subject though I did wonder about using them - if covering it up might actually draw more attention to the fact it is sat there and not moving for a fair portion of the time.

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:06 am

Can anyone recommend a car cover for a 2004 Z4 Roaster? I have had a looky on the internet and many websites state that is fits the Z4 but then show a 4X4 and it looks like a binbag on that.... Any advice or experience would be great

ps. its for the outdoors
2004 BMW Z4 2.2i SE - Bright Red - Black Leather - Clear Brake Lights - Xenon Lights - Black Kidney Grills - Red Brake Calipers - Front Parking Sensors - 19" Redline LM Wheels - BMW Aero Spoiler - Eibach Pro Kit - Longlife Quad Exhaust System

Ben.

Post by Ben. » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:07 am

I have the proper BMW "Indoor" cover for my Z4.
Fits like a glove. I purchased mine from another forum member but I think BMW still sell them.

Note: you can get "Indoor" and "Outdoor" Covers.

Ex-Z owner

ZermattV
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ZermattV » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 am

I Have the same bought from sopers ..... great fit.
Awaiting an Alpine A110
2016 M-Sport Fiesta ST

- Previously - 997 Targa - Z4M 2006 - Z4 3.0 Roadster - MX-5 1.8 Phoenix

cj_eds

Post by cj_eds » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Ended up buying an ebay special. Its not tailored but fits reasonably well. Good enough for my requirements.

Tweed

Post by Tweed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Glad to see you got one :)

I have a BMW outdoor cover... but am having real troubles with it scuffing/marring the paint. Particularly on the lip of the boot-lid. Has anyone else noticed this and worked out a solution?

Best I've come up with so far is to put a blanket over the boot before putting the cover on, but this doesn't stop the cover rubbing other areas (front wings, over the rear wheels etc.)

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:32 pm

not noticed any scratching on my, thought the cover was made specially not to scratch

Tweed

Post by Tweed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm

yeah... me too. Polishes off easily with a very light polish (like SRP)... but it doesn't half look a mess before hand :(
I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 am

Before you use a car cover your car has to be spotless. Not a speck of dirt on it. Any dirt on the car when the cover goes on, and it becomes trapped between the cover and your paint. As you put on the cover, and take it off, as well as when the wind blows or rain falls the cover moves and the dirt becomes like sandpaper, marring the paintwork you are trying to protect. trying to use an external cover without affecting your paintwork in some way is almost impossible.
This is why i never use covers. i rely on many coats of the most durable waxes/sealants and parking my car away from trees.
I REJECT YOUR UNHOLY WORLD AND ITS HUM-DRUM INSISTENCE ON PRACTICALITY. I WILL NOT DRIVE A BORING CAR. I WILL DRIVE THIS DAMNED ROADSTER AND I WILL MAKE DO WITH ITS LIMITATIONS AND I WILL LIKE IT.

Rolf-Dieter

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:14 am

cj_eds wrote:Does anyone have a car cover they can recommend for the coupe?
I recommend you purchase one from BMW for your car there is a lot of stuff out there that might give you problems. It will cost you a bit more, however, it is a cover you can rely on. I put 2 pictures on my web site. One I enlarged so you can see the special pattern that allows the car surface to breathe (remember everything does breathe) here is the link

http://web.me.com/solgain/Dieters_Trave ... age_4.html

one shows the cover on my M3 before I sold it. The cover has served me well for 10 years without any problems (some have been described in posts here) I used it on a 1987 535is restored, M3, Z4 2008 3.0is and now on my 2009 Sdrive Z4 3.5is

There are covers and then there are covers, so get the right stuff and you will not be sorry. Good luck in finding the right cover.
2012 M3 with all options. My Last Car was a 2009 BMW Z4 sDrive35i
Have a Great Day! ............... Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Rolf-Dieter

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 am

cj_eds wrote:Does anyone have a car cover they can recommend for the coupe?
I recommend you purchase one from BMW for your car there is a lot of stuff out there that might give you problems. It will cost you a bit more, however, it is a cover you can rely on. I put 2 pictures on my web site. One I enlarged so you can see the special pattern that allows the car surface to breathe (remember everything does breathe) here is the link

http://web.me.com/solgain/Dieters_Trave ... age_4.html

one shows the cover on my M3 before I sold it. The cover has served me well for 10 years without any problems (some have been described in posts here) I used it on a 1987 535is restored, M3, Z4 2008 3.0is and now on my 2009 Sdrive Z4 3.5is

There are covers and then there are covers, so get the right stuff and you will not be sorry. Good luck in finding the right cover.
2012 M3 with all options. My Last Car was a 2009 BMW Z4 sDrive35i
Have a Great Day! ............... Cheers, Rolf-Dieter