Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

£4K hike?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
derin100

£4K hike?

Post by derin100 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:54 pm

£4000 (at least!) for moving a car from London to Leicester?!

I was just about to email the private vendor of this car on PH with a view to buying it (a 2 week old ad according to the PH Classifieds):

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... sh/3297196

When I noticed this suddenly appear staring me in the face:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... to/3610574

Looking at that second lot of photos, show that the car has fresh, dirty road water splashes still on it suggesting that in their zeal and haste to slap a quick £4000 on to the price that they couldn't even afford it the time to give it a quick wash before snapping some photos in their car park and getting online!

(p.s This is the second low mileage 3.0 that I have missed in less than a week now...so feeling a bit down :( ....sorry)
E85 3.0Si Silver on Black (Gone and will be missed)
E85 M Roadster Silver Grey on Black
E85 Alpina Roadster S Toledo Blue on Black

srhutch

Re: £4K hike?

Post by srhutch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 pm

This is an ex forum car, sold only the other week.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 am

Nuts, that cars been through 3 dealers in a month. Now it's just a silly price. :roll:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 am

srhutch wrote:This is an ex forum car, sold only the other week.
Yep this thread. http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=73136

Not sure the guy didn't just join the Forum to sell it. Hope he enjoyed it for the few weeks he owned it.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:10 am

Personally don't think its worth anything like it with the colour combination and being an SE. Black interior and being a sport would be a much better combination.

derin100

Post by derin100 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:10 am

Really?

I didn't know that background.

Well, I've written that way off my list now anyway. I was already "umm-ing and ahh-ing " about the original price when I saw it as it was well above the price (and not exactly the sort of spec) I was initially interested in. I'm not prepared to pay anything like what they're now asking for it.

The other car I appear to have missed by a close margin was this (and more what I was looking for):

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... le/3325389

Any background on that one?

derin100

Post by derin100 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 am

srhutch wrote:Personally don't think its worth anything like it with the colour combination and being an SE. Black interior and being a sport would be a much better combination.
Agree!

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 am

derin100 wrote:
srhutch wrote:Personally don't think its worth anything like it with the colour combination and being an SE. Black interior and being a sport would be a much better combination.
Agree!
+1

derin100

Post by derin100 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 am

Someone else in the thread linked to above mentioned this:

"Two almost identical cars with really really low miles in the same horrible colour scheme can only mean one thing...... their owners were too embarrassed to be seen driving them :lol: "

I must admit, those thoughts did cross my mind whilst I was having the mental debate with myself. I was trying to picture myself , now a month shy of 52 years old, clearly somewhat balder than I wish to accept when I catch my rear-view image in the Newsagent's security camera behind the counter, Phoenix Yellow sports car...??? Maybe that wasn't the best combo for me anyway?! :lol:

Hopefully, others will stop and think the same. Then they'll be stuck with it until they make it a sensible price...which should mean a loss! I wasn't going to offer the £15,950 anyway.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:27 am

derin100 wrote:Really?

The other car I appear to have missed by a close margin was this (and more what I was looking for):

Not seen that before myself. Looks really nice from the Add, Pre face lift, but has lots of toys & a hard top, worth looking at.

derin100

Post by derin100 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 am

buzyg wrote:
derin100 wrote:Really?

Not seen that before myself. Looks really nice from the Add, Pre face lift, but has lots of toys & a hard top, worth looking at.
It was!
I spotted it as soon as it came up on Carandclassic on Friday night and emailed the dealer first thing Saturday morning (maybe about 9.45 am) only to be told he'd already just sold it! :(

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 am

Don't get too hung up on getting an extra low miler, these cars are pretty bullet-proof. 40/50k miles is no bother at all, and though you've not said it, it seems your budget could stretch to a very well spec'd & looked after one. You could probably get in a mint 50k miles M for less money than that was first put up for sale for. Harder to find, but they come up on here and more Zs of all variants will start to come on the market in the next couple of months...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

derin100

Post by derin100 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:05 am

Bing wrote:Don't get too hung up on getting an extra low miler, these cars are pretty bullet-proof. 40/50k miles is no bother at all, and though you've not said it, it seems your budget could stretch to a very well spec'd & looked after one. You could probably get in a mint 50k miles M for less money than that was first put up for sale for. Harder to find, but they come up on here and more Zs of all variants will start to come on the market in the next couple of months...
Thanks Bing. Yes, I think you're right. And I think you're certainly right that if I was looking to part with the kind of money that car was up for then I really should be looking at very good M cars instead.

There's this car on PH which is local to me here in Shropshire and which judging by the pics (clearly taken in the summer) has been for sale for a while possibly? But I think the price is possibly a bit 'toppy' for a private sale and why it hasn't sold?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 07/3017322

I'm not averse to cars with miles on them (as a quick look at my website will show: www.bmwclassics.co.uk ) but in a Z4 I don't want to take on something that I have to do loads of work to and hence the draw towards something with lower miles. As I get older my enthusiasm for scrabbling around underneath cars is diminishing.

I was seriously looking for a Z4M or Alpina Roadster about a year and a half ago but then a property purchase got in the way and it all got put on hold. I'm now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel on that and I've just sold this and so a free bay in the garage has suddenly opened up again! :)

http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk/e34_525_sa ... index.html

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:42 am

I take it you are the same "Derin" that's on forum.bmw5.co.uk ?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

derin100 wrote:
Bing wrote:Don't get too hung up on getting an extra low miler, these cars are pretty bullet-proof. 40/50k miles is no bother at all, and though you've not said it, it seems your budget could stretch to a very well spec'd & looked after one. You could probably get in a mint 50k miles M for less money than that was first put up for sale for. Harder to find, but they come up on here and more Zs of all variants will start to come on the market in the next couple of months...
Thanks Bing. Yes, I think you're right. And I think you're certainly right that if I was looking to part with the kind of money that car was up for then I really should be looking at very good M cars instead.

There's this car on PH which is local to me here in Shropshire and which judging by the pics (clearly taken in the summer) has been for sale for a while possibly? But I think the price is possibly a bit 'toppy' for a private sale and why it hasn't sold?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 07/3017322

I'm not averse to cars with miles on them (as a quick look at my website will show: http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk ) but in a Z4 I don't want to take on something that I have to do loads of work to and hence the draw towards something with lower miles. As I get older my enthusiasm for scrabbling around underneath cars is diminishing.

I was seriously looking for a Z4M or Alpina Roadster about a year and a half ago but then a property purchase got in the way and it all got put on hold. I'm now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel on that and I've just sold this and so a free bay in the garage has suddenly opened up again! :)

http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk/e34_525_sa ... index.html
I believe that PH car has been discussed on here before, think it was being hired out by previous/current owner.