Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aux recommendation 'fruity car cables'

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Misteriley

Aux recommendation 'fruity car cables'

Post by Misteriley » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:28 pm

hi all, just wanted to give a shout out here, ordered the aux cable for my 03 z4 which has nav built in on eBay from
'fruity-car-cables' came super fast and he walked me through how to fit it and even sent videos through so wouldn't lose my satnav, superb service and a great product.

A must have for spotify...))

rossonr

Re: Aux recommendation 'fruity car cables'

Post by rossonr » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:35 pm

I got mine from them too and agree with above. Super fast delivery and clear instructions
Z4 3.0i black sapphire. Manual 6 speed. Cruise control. red Oregon leather. Dan's RAM air-scoop.Aux in. brembo discs and pads. 19" m345 replica alloys

Jempie

Post by Jempie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks for the recommendation guys - I've just picked up my 2nd Z4 and need to install this. Do either of you know if I can plug this in along with a CD changer (already installed) or do I need to sacrifice the changer for it?

I'm not attached to the changer, just wondered. Imagine it will be a pig to rip out the changer as it's behind the seats.
06 plate 3.0SI Sport

Steveodw

Post by Steveodw » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi , on this subject , can anyone tell me if the modified ashtray with the 3.5mm socket is available in the uk , I've seen it on utube from USA? I'm new to this with a 2.0 sport 57 plate. Ive read with interest the install bit , just need the socket fixing somewhere. I have aux facility on business radio/ cd .
Steve o

JAD

Post by JAD » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Steveodw wrote:Hi , on this subject , can anyone tell me if the modified ashtray with the 3.5mm socket is available in the uk , I've seen it on utube from USA? I'm new to this with a 2.0 sport 57 plate. Ive read with interest the install bit , just need the socket fixing somewhere. I have aux facility on business radio/ cd .
Steve o
Hi Steve O - I have this. It is not available in the UK and I'm afraid to say BAVauto in the US bought the last 6 (I believe) units in April and have sold out again. I've been told this will be the last units available from BMW South Atlanta. Not to rub it in, but I was lucky enough to get one!

You can modify your existing unit, however - it's just not quite as OEM.

Steveodw

Post by Steveodw » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Ok thanks jad , well it was worth asking , I may try to modify mine and take the small depressed circle bit out , not sure what it's for anyway !

Steve o

STUBOY2UK

Post by STUBOY2UK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:15 am

I got my aux from fruity car cables but the sound quality is really poor at the moment. Even with my ipod on full volume, I have to turn the stereo right up and there still seems to be no bass. Is there an aux volume adjustment on the headunit somewhere, I can't see one?
Z4R 3.0si Sport auto. So far: 19" CSLs, Eibachs, MM exhaust tips, de-badged rear, stubby, black grilles, spacers, aux cable, interior LEDs, LED boot strip......

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:57 am

Steveodw wrote:Hi , on this subject , can anyone tell me if the modified ashtray with the 3.5mm socket is available in the uk , I've seen it on utube from USA? I'm new to this with a 2.0 sport 57 plate. Ive read with interest the install bit , just need the socket fixing somewhere. I have aux facility on business radio/ cd .
Steve o
Hi
If you have AUX coming up on your unit already you prob have the lead installed. Check the panel below the heater controls for a socket as that's where most people put it.

Head unit won't usually display AUX until lead fitted.

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

Steveodw

Post by Steveodw » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks Stuart I'll take a look when back, I'm in wet Florida at the moment with the family .
Btw I got a reply back from BAVaudio in uk, the modified ashtray with aux is $84 , should be available in a month or so. I'll check around first to see if I need it.
Steve

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Steveodw wrote:Thanks Stuart I'll take a look when back, I'm in wet Florida at the moment with the family .
Btw I got a reply back from BAVaudio in uk, the modified ashtray with aux is $84 , should be available in a month or so. I'll check around first to see if I need it.
Steve
I'm in Florida too, family hols, did Typhoon Lagoon in the rain yesterday :thumbsup:

Have fun

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

wiggy001

Post by wiggy001 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:52 pm

STUBOY2UK wrote:I got my aux from fruity car cables but the sound quality is really poor at the moment. Even with my ipod on full volume, I have to turn the stereo right up and there still seems to be no bass. Is there an aux volume adjustment on the headunit somewhere, I can't see one?
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I installed mine a few months back but never use it as the sound quality is awful - lots of interference along with low volume :x

Steveodw

Post by Steveodw » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:17 am

We'll that's disappointing as I've used Fm Transmitters before in my X3 previously and was hoping the direct connection would be much better, are there no adjustments in the music adjust menu ?

Steve

STUBOY2UK

Post by STUBOY2UK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:41 am

wiggy001 wrote:
STUBOY2UK wrote:I got my aux from fruity car cables but the sound quality is really poor at the moment. Even with my ipod on full volume, I have to turn the stereo right up and there still seems to be no bass. Is there an aux volume adjustment on the headunit somewhere, I can't see one?
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I installed mine a few months back but never use it as the sound quality is awful - lots of interference along with low volume :x
Yeh I have to say, mine is unusable at the moment. I'm going to get a plug that goes from the line-out on the ipod rather than the earphone socket as a few people have recommended on here. If that doesn't work then I'll try merging the Aux plug with the CD changer plug on the back of the head unit. I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup:
Z4R 3.0si Sport auto. So far: 19" CSLs, Eibachs, MM exhaust tips, de-badged rear, stubby, black grilles, spacers, aux cable, interior LEDs, LED boot strip......

wiggy001

Post by wiggy001 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:05 pm

STUBOY2UK wrote:
wiggy001 wrote:
Yeh I have to say, mine is unusable at the moment. I'm going to get a plug that goes from the line-out on the ipod rather than the earphone socket as a few people have recommended on here. If that doesn't work then I'll try merging the Aux plug with the CD changer plug on the back of the head unit. I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup:
Would be interested to know your results. I was going to try a line out until I connected my phone to the aux in my wife's audi A4 and got superb sound, making me think I can't really blame the phone for the issue.

Misteriley

Post by Misteriley » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:09 pm

wiggy001 wrote: I'm glad I'm not the only one. I installed mine a few months back but never use it as the sound quality is awful - lots of interference along with low volume :x
Yeh I have to say, mine is unusable at the moment. I'm going to get a plug that goes from the line-out on the ipod rather than the earphone socket as a few people have recommended on here. If that doesn't work then I'll try merging the Aux plug with the CD changer plug on the back of the head unit. I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup:[/quote]

Hi, i had issues at first with mine as it simply wouldn't find AUX, turns out i hadn't pushed the wires in correctly as mine has SatNav he sent a lead that enables me to keep the SatNav, when i got in touch he was really helpful and sent a video over that shows how to remove the casing on the socket so i could get those wires right in, sound SUPERB, i have an LG G3 use spotify and it sounds as good as the CD? drop him a message.))