Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking Sensors fitted

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Parking Sensors fitted

Post by Stark » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

I've had some good responses from BMW Customer Relations recently, including a new leather interior for the drivers side and a refund of the leather option cost, due to a flaw with seatbelts rubbing on the alcantara

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 pm

socketr wrote:I'm glad this seems to be moving in the right direction for you Carol. Although without wishing to stoke the fire my experience with the dealership in question has been excellent. Sounds like I might be one of the lucky ones and I totally support the notion that every customer should be treated equally.
Looks like they may require some brushing up on their aftersales support training.
It's such a shame as all the dealing we've had with them before have been spot on and no complaints.

It just leaves a nasty taste in your mouth really. He tried to make a profit out of us first off by saying that 'bmw have agreed to fit rear sensors' when bmw knew nothing about us having parking sensors!
If we had agreed to rear only, he would've pocketed the rest of the balance out of the £350 bmw gave him. Very, very naughty and unprofessional.

Kev, thanks again, you're a star.

Z4-35i

Post by Z4-35i » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Unfortunately, each dealer and sales individual can be very different in their approach. Some understand the longer term customer relationship and recommendations they will get if they work with their customers to resolve issues, others are just short term coin operated order takers.

I hope you get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Z4-35i wrote:Unfortunately, each dealer and sales individual can be very different in their approach. Some understand the longer term customer relationship and recommendations they will get if they work with their customers to resolve issues, others are just short term coin operated order takers.

I hope you get everything resolved to your satisfaction.
Thanks, and you're right. I've had the feeling that they think it's a company car they're dealing with, it isn't it's my p&j and a bloody expensive one at that!

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:38 am

Good luck today!!!!

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:42 am

Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes. :cry:

Rialas

Parking Sensors fitted

Post by Rialas » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:12 am

+1 good luck.
If there are any if's or but's, insist on new bumpers and tell them to stick their sensors where the sun don't shine :lol:

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am

+2 good luck and give em hell :x
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:47 pm

+3. Best of luck with it today! :thumbsup:
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

Glaikit

Post by Glaikit » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Come on then Carol, do tell. You were lurking around earlier so assume that you have been to the dealer ? Hopefully it went well.

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm

This is more or less a copy of a message I just sent save me typing it out again!...
Cutting a long story short. The sensor man had a sample that he had 'took the liberty to order in' (there's a 3 week lead time) as a sample, so he has them if we give them the ok. They are flush fitting and will stick out only less than a mm. He was there before the blokes from the dealers and said that they were the cheapest sensors they had asked him to fit and he wouldn't have fitted them and was surprised they had asked them to fit those!

Senior Sales bloke and body shop manager arrived and the Sales bloke was extremely apologetic, saying he wished he had dealt with us from the start as this wouldn't have happened (our original sales man dealt with it at the beginning) Said they never have complaints and we would make sure it was put right and we were happy. (To be fair they are generally a very good dealer apart from this).

Body shop man then looked at fault and said that the bumper had hit a kerb!!! He was told in no uncertain terms that it hadn't and that my husband builds cars for a living and knows exactly what the fault is. He then shut up.
Sales bloke said he would discuss with BMW about the fault and let us know.

We said we will have a think about these sensors and let them know. I think they will be acceptable, providing they come with a good guarantee, less than a mm is nothing really.

Glaikit

Post by Glaikit » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Sounds as though you are getting toward a resolution of sorts and fingers crossed that the new sensors are neater. Still really shoddy customer service mind you. Good luck with the next step in your saga...

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Glaikit wrote:Sounds as though you are getting toward a resolution of sorts and fingers crossed that the new sensors are neater. Still really shoddy customer service mind you. Good luck with the next step in your saga...
Thank you, let's hope so eh? :headbang:

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm

So, as an end to this saga I have been offered a brand new car. I won't darken your doorstep again with my sorry tales of stupid parking sensors and a folding roof that tries to take half the boot lining with it.
I thank you for your time and attention and for boring the pants off some of you no doubt.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Carol M wrote:So, as an end to this saga I have been offered a brand new car. I won't darken your doorstep again with my sorry tales of stupid parking sensors and a folding roof that tries to take half the boot lining with it.
I thank you for your time and attention and for boring the pants off some of you no doubt.
Fantastic news carol. Well done.