Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Storage pass through

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by flybobbie » Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Got the storage box that fits between the seats on the rear bulkhead for some extra storage, yet to fit.
Didn't realise the back half in the boot removes to create a pass through as per the ski bag.
Bonus!

Wonder how many with the storage realise that.

Can't think of a use for it, unless I buy a broom.

adann

Storage pass through

Post by adann » Tue May 24, 2016 10:16 pm

I have the storage pack but can't say I've noticed. I will have to check it out tomorrow, is it easy to remove?
ImageImage
BMW Z4 23i

Zed Five

Storage pass through

Post by Zed Five » Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Its perfect for keeping an eye on your cat in the boot on long journeys... :rofl:
Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it? 

E89 35is | BMW S1000rr Motorsport Ed.

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by Angie4m » Tue May 24, 2016 11:06 pm

Apart from being able to put long planks through it or a set of golf clubs when the roof is down (so I've been told) it's also good for a long journey. Put a cool bag behind that section with your goodies in it and then just pop down the wee hatch and take from the bag. Means you don't have to faff about in the boot and have it possibly encroaching on the passengers footwell space.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by Angie4m » Tue May 24, 2016 11:10 pm

adann wrote:I have the storage pack but can't say I've noticed. I will have to check it out tomorrow, is it easy to remove?
Yup. Just unclips from the boot. Big black bit of plastic right at the back, can't miss it. You can also remove the shelves in the storage compartment. Not sure what it's that good for to be honest. Usually sunglasses and bottles of juice/cans of red bull which I forget about and hear knocking about.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Z4Rick

Storage pass through

Post by Z4Rick » Wed May 25, 2016 2:36 am

I enjoy shooting "sporting clays" and my shotguns, covered with protective 'socks', fit thru that hole perfectly inside the ski bag. My friend and I drove 80 miles to a favorite range on Friday just this way! The barrels laid on top the console lid perfectly with the stocks sitting on top of our shooting bags in the trunk.

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:43 am

Used mine for the first time at last years National.
Put my tent through it allowing me much more storage in the boot for other gear.
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

A1GSS

Storage pass through

Post by A1GSS » Wed May 25, 2016 10:00 am

I keep my tyre repair compressor and sealant gunk in there...
Graham.

2011 Z4 23i sDrive Space Grey / Coral Red

R.E92

Storage pass through

Post by R.E92 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:54 am

Angie4m wrote:Apart from being able to put long planks through it or a set of golf clubs when the roof is down (so I've been told) it's also good for a long journey. Put a cool bag behind that section with your goodies in it and then just pop down the wee hatch and take from the bag. Means you don't have to faff about in the boot and have it possibly encroaching on the passengers footwell space.
Good for keeping the beers cold on a nice warm sunny drive with the top down :thumbsup:

stuartinzg

Storage pass through

Post by stuartinzg » Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 am

Something else I've not yet discovered... I also have this, but not surprising really, only took me a year to work out comfort access :rofl:
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by RickRob » Thu May 26, 2016 9:24 am

R.E92 wrote:
Angie4m wrote:Apart from being able to put long planks through it or a set of golf clubs when the roof is down (so I've been told) it's also good for a long journey. Put a cool bag behind that section with your goodies in it and then just pop down the wee hatch and take from the bag. Means you don't have to faff about in the boot and have it possibly encroaching on the passengers footwell space.
Good for keeping the beers cold on a nice warm sunny drive with the top down :thumbsup:
I initially read this as "bears"! I must be getting Zedward-obsessed! :P
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by ronk » Sat May 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Z4Rick wrote:I enjoy shooting "sporting clays" and my shotguns, covered with protective 'socks', fit thru that hole perfectly inside the ski bag. My friend and I drove 80 miles to a favorite range on Friday just this way! The barrels laid on top the console lid perfectly with the stocks sitting on top of our shooting bags in the trunk.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Z4Rick

Storage pass through

Post by Z4Rick » Sat May 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Today was beautiful here, the rivers have moderated their huge recent flows, so I decided to do a little fly casting. I have a 6" (I think!) diameter PVC pipe with threaded and capped ends that hold 4-6 broken down fly rods, (without reels), safely for carrying them in my truck, but took the Z since it was an hour drive to a stream I favor. That pipe, with my rods, fit PERFECTLY inside that ski bag and into the trunk, and sat nicely on the ski support bar that was part of the kit! My vest draped over the pipe was perfect for holding it in place against my creel and tackle bag! Damn car is now my favored fishing wagon!

Best car I ever owned and it continues to surprise me to the upside every day. Looked damned sexy parked next to half a dozen 4X4s parked along the river too!

DinosaurEyes

Storage pass through

Post by DinosaurEyes » Sun May 29, 2016 6:23 pm

I tried to "unplug the hole" today.

One tip. Don't do it with the roof down. :oops:

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Storage pass through

Post by flybobbie » Sun May 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Well stripped out all the bulkhead trim after work today, ready to fit the pass through.
With all the plastic removed, quietist journey home free from plastic rattles!