Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

heated seats M Sport not always working

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
JJZ4MR

Post by JJZ4MR » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Well, I bought my 2006 Z4MR a couple months ago. Had a cup of water in the cup holder, accelerated, got water on the seat. Pulled over and wiped it up. My seats are extended. Ever since then, all three lights come on for 1/2 a second when pushing the button. Generally they just go out, when the car is cold, they come on for 5 seconds ( sometimes ) and yesterday, they came on and for the first time the heat came on. Anyone have this problem ?

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Sounds weird pal, not happened to me. I guess you're suspecting some kind of electrical/water short situation? Would that have triggered a fuse blow (anyone)?
Hope you get it fixed - heated seats are a godsend at this time of year! :thumbsup:
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

JJZ4MR

Post by JJZ4MR » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Had the fuses checked during recent oil change at local German Indy ( only charged $ 84 VS $ 280 at Stealership),they are good. Was told they need to pull the seat and check the element. I'm hoping since they came on 2 days ago ( of course it was 82* here in Clearwater ) Maybe they will be OK from now on. Strange that they have not worked EVER for the last 2 months and I try them every week, as this car is a weekend Sunny day driver for me. Coming back from my first AutoX this last weekend, 1.5 hour drive back at night, top down, 80 MPH I wish they'd of come on. Putting the windows up with heat cranked made it doable. Once off the highway, I pulled over and drove the rest of the way with the top up. It felt weird driving with the top up. We do have a few chilly nights and having had them working for a few weeks, they are really nice on a " cold " night below 70*

monaco_blue

Post by monaco_blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Hard to believe that water on the seat should cause an issue. Is the passenger seat heating working correctly?

JJZ4MR

Post by JJZ4MR » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:14 am

Passenger seat works perfect, just like the drivers side used to. I could understand while it was wet, it would short out, maybe blow the fuse. There was maybe 1 oz of water spilled onto the seat, of course with the " wonderful " cup holder design, the water did get on the seat controls on the side of the seat ( with memory controller ) I immediately had a napkin soaking it up. Ever since then...nothing. Then it came on perfectly three days ago. This happened maybe 2 months ago. I did learn not to put a topless drink in the holder and try to drive.