Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Window won't now go up with hood

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Was working on my Z4 earlier today. Wanted to get radio out. To make it easier decided to take hood down. I then disconnected the battery and removed the radio.

As it was getting dark and I wasn't finished I decided to put my hood back up (radio was still out). Reconnected battery put ignition on and then went to operate the hood. Nothing happened, the hood light flashed on and off but it wouldn't move. When I switched the ignition off the hood light was still flashing.

I decided to disconnect the battery again and put the radio back in and try again. Battery reconnected, ignition on, tired again and the hood would not go up, again the red light flashing continuously.

I decided to tray and make the hood go down, it whirred, then when I pressed the switch to make it go up, the hood went up (thank goodness) but now the windows will not go up with it. Tried a few times of going up and down, hood work ok but windows won't go up with the hood like they used to.

Can anyone advise what has gone wrong and how I can correct it?
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:58 pm

You need to perform the windows reset procedure. Quick search on here will find it. :wink:

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks srhutch, I will search that out.

Does anyone know why my hood wouldn't go up in the first place. Did I do something wrong in what I was doing? I am going to want to take my seats out soon which will need hood down battery disconnect, so keen to avoid it happening again.
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.